Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0159)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: figure
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Christ in Relation to Lucifer and Ahriman
- that the Christ figure in the sculptured group would have to be
- spot, a sculpture dominated by three figures. In the center of this
- group a figure will tower as if it were the manifestation of what I
- of Nazareth. A special task in the portrayal of this Christ figure
- will be the remaining two figures of the group, one to the left and
- the other to the right of the Christ figure, if that is the proper
- name for the figure that I have just sketched. This Christ figure is
- His head. On top of the rock there will be another figure, winged but
- abyss. One feature in the Christ figure that must be worked out with
- figures must be portrayed artistically to show how the Christ, by the
- the Christ figure. There, the rock will have a ledge and, therefore,
- winged figure, who with his arm-like organs turns toward the ledge
- depression in the rock and in it stands this winged figure with wings
- entirely different from the figure on top of the rock. The wings of
- the figure on top of the rock resemble those of an eagle, whereas the
- figure in the depression has bat-like wings. This figure virtually
- The Christ figure in the middle has his right hand directed downward
- not to show the Christ as wanting to shackle this figure; rather, he
- three figures: Christ, Lucifer and Ahriman will stand at the bottom as
- at this Christ figure. It does not possess the features we would like
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Lecture: The Etheric Body as a Reflexion of the Universe
- chief figures. Three Beings express themselves in this plastic
- central figure of the group will stand upon the projecting rock. It
- is quite indifferent what name we give to this central figure,
- figure of our plastic group. Yet we should not simply face the statue
- Title: Lecture: The (Four) Great Virtues
- figure of the Maid of Orléans. In European history the simple
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture I: The Four Platonic Virtues and Their Relation with the Human Members
- us take the figure of the Maid of Orleans
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture III: Spiritual Science and the Mystery of Death
- concession. We are able to look at Christ as a figure only with
- by the figure of the Maid of Orleans: “the world likes to
- Schiller embodied this sublime figure in his drama.
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture IV: The Intimate Element of the Central European Culture and the Central European Striving
- human being already knows himself by his external figure in
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture V: The Intervention of the Christ Impulse in the Historical Events
- humankind. One of those figures the Christ Impulse selected to
- example — one could still give others — the figure
- historical, that — also with such a figure like the Maid
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture VI: Moral Impulses and Their Results
- parts of the human figure, and the recollections are in each
- is a copy of the human figure from the head and a piece below
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture X: Central Europe between East and West
- in the deepest sense. This group contains a central figure. One
- may call this central figure Christ; one may also call it the
- right way in the world. One may call this middle figure the
- two other figures will be on the sides of this middle figure,
- figure, expressing neither hatred nor power, but inner firmness
- a strength is achieved by which the figure on the rock on top,
- the winged figure, breaks the wings and falls down into the
- Below inside the rock we see another figure tied up in chains.
- downwards directed hand of the middle figure. He writhes
- of the middle figure.
- Christ-principle of our universe in the middle figure, the
- the ahrimanic principle in the figure in the cave which strives
- from below upwards. I endeavoured to design the three figures
- That is why it is indicated in the sculptural figure that
- spiritually putting a figure, but the spirit as an invisible
- Think only of such a tragic figure like Ernst Haeckel. Goethe
- materialistic colouring. Take such a tragic figure like Ernst
- shop window where I saw my own picture, my own figure meeting
- this has taken place — to recognise the external figure,
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture XI: Christ's Relationship to Lucifer and Ahriman
- important place. This group primarily presents three figures.
- In the middle of this group a figure stands as, I would like to
- develop on earth. Hence, one can also feel this figure of the
- figure in such a way that one can see, on one side, the
- Then two other figures are to be found, one on the left side,
- the other on the right side of the Christ figure, if I am
- allowed to call this figure the Christ figure. This Christ
- figure stands there like before a rock which towers up in
- above the head of the Christ figure. On top of the rock is
- another figure, a winged figure; but the wings are broken, and
- this figure falls, because it has broken wings, into the chasm.
- how this Christ figure raises the left arm. Because the Christ
- figure raises his left arm, it happens that this falling being
- the other side, toward the right side of the Christ figure
- there. In this hollow is also a winged figure. This figure
- cavity the winged figure which has, however, quite differently
- formed wings than the figure on top of the rock. This figure
- has more aquiline wings, the figure in the cave bat-like wings.
- The latter figure locks itself up in the cave, you see it in
- Christ figure in the middle turns his right hand downwards.
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture XII: Spiritual Science as an Attitude
- consists of three figures basically, apart from that which will
- and in this projection is a cave. The central figure stands on
- see Christ in this central figure. But this must not happen in
- figure is very significant. Then, however, it is the peculiar
- the larynx with the human being and the ear of this figure.
- to the figure on the rock, its wings are broken, and it falls
- off the rock. — You anticipate: this figure is Lucifer
- Here at the bottom, in the cave, is another figure. It does not
- this lower figure completely, has atrophied. The lower parts
- toward the mouth are extremely developed with this figure. This
- figure is wrapped with the gold of the earth. The gold of the
- earth turns into chains, which tie up this figure therein. This
- figure writhes because of the effect which goes out from the
- figure at the bottom is Ahriman, who is tied up with the gold
- one must not say: these figures express this and that, —
- was possible up to now: the Christ figure of Michelangelo in his
- Title: Mystery of Death: Lecture XV: Overcoming Death through Knowledge
- their external figure, but incomparable on the other hand; no
- spoken about that that with regard to the external figures the
- notice how little I was familiar with my own figure. —
- than his special figure.
- way like looking at his future figure, his future life. He
- would also behold something of his physical figure. But he
- would never penetrate that in this physical figure which would
- our physical figure like in a fog when we walk to birth. We
- form. This appears to him as a light figure more or less, but
- feels being gradually linked with this light figure, and then
- this physical figure. You find two dark balls there. You cannot
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: