Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0169)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: day
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 1: The Immortality of the I
- way as in earlier days. We are living in a time of severe ordeals,
- it will be more appropriate today to speak of what may be useful in
- difficult times so that humanity as a whole can meet better days in
- said would quite likely be taken more as reality. However, nowadays
- the laws of the earth: when the nights are longest and the days shortest,
- Sunday after the first full moon in spring, that is, the first full
- moon after the twenty-first day of March. We fix the date of Easter
- We see nowadays a development of forces we cannot admire enough; yet
- in our soul nowadays, not at all easy. Now I have here the book of a
- very characteristic of the difficulties people have nowadays in finding
- his student days; indeed I knew him quite well. You see, he wrote on
- from Hermann Bahr. Many people were blockheads in those days.
- day may still come. In any case, you can see that here a man is working
- us that the trend-setting, so-called cultural world nowadays lives in
- Today he would probably say there is an inner eye, an inner seeing,
- as far as the inner seeing that lives today in expressionism. Well,
- difficult it is nowadays for people to find their way to spiritual science.
- But these days, people always have to outdo
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 2: Blood and Nerves
- it flows through our veins today, was added during our earth evolution.
- opening of the vertebrae in the spine corresponds to each day of the
- world. It has found its culmination, its goal, in present-day natural
- presentation not readily found elsewhere these days.
- are from unbiased acceptance of these things. These days people have
- There are many today who worship technology
- sort of attitude prevailing with many people today, and it is growing
- You see, today things happen quickly. Not
- he is. Indeed, he was one of the most renowned people of his day, famous
- Saturdays he did not want any music because then he was waiting for
- next Tuesday because it will surely take still another week before my
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 3: The Twelve Human Senses
- to the topic of today's talk, I would like to say a few
- suffered in recent days. You will undoubtedly know what I mean: the
- day before yesterday, Herr von Moltke's soul passed through the gate
- fervent thirst for knowledge that ever inspired a soul in our day and
- signs during the day and through the lower ones at night. The sun's
- twelve are day senses, just as half of the signs of the zodiac are day
- of touch is barely connected with the day life of our soul, that is,
- the day senses or senses of waking consciousness. But that need not
- half-light; day begins to dawn in our consciousness. But you can still
- are propagated nowadays, claiming that all impressions we have of other
- the I of someone else, we are on the day side of our soul-sun. When
- senses that have risen to the day side of our inner life will sink down
- side to the day side. Occult and symbolic societies have always tried
- way into the life of the day side, Jakim.
- today, you will find it. The Jakim pillar exists; you will find it in
- As I said when I spoke about Tolstoy in the early days of our movement,
- there these days. It is one of the most awful contrasts you can imagine.
- these things, to penetrate them. Someday people will perceive the contrast
- day become reality in various stages has been expressed symbolically
- or otherwise in human wisdom throughout millennia. Today we are only
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 4: The Human Organism Through the Incarnations
- begin today by adding a few things to what we have said over
- of it as much more complicated than any of the physical sciences nowadays
- is very important although we don't notice it much in our everyday life.
- science, in everyday life as well as in art. We need to become patient
- What conventional science and everyday life have to offer us must at
- every turn be illuminated by the insights of spiritual science. Nowadays
- which some people have half a mind to reinstate in this day and age.
- Well, those who nowadays imitate ancient Greek games certainly won't
- Strictly speaking, people nowadays are unable
- bring spiritual science into things. However, in our culture today we
- this, but let's look at one more example today.
- topic of today's talk and am not subtracting anything from its essence,
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 5: Balance in Life
- TODAY'S TALK
- add a few remarks today.
- today, it is ahrimanic. Only those really strive for balance who seek
- preceded it. However, as a rule people's memory these days is very short,
- pragmatic view so popular nowadays. The symptomatic approach to history
- itself in them to a greater or lesser extent. Someday people will write
- current situation has come about. Today is not the time to explain these
- to hear about nowadays.
- but it is what people prefer these days. They want to have a kind of
- sundials — of course, nowadays sundials could not very easily
- But in the days when sundials were still of importance, someone might
- Beware what on the judgment day
- Beware what in the judgment day
- what present-day humanity has the least real feeling for and what it
- for people to understand nowadays. What it offers is obliterated as
- solitude.” For people nowadays often have no feeling for how strongly
- few people nowadays speak as though they did not take language to be
- In everyday reality it cannot be forgotten; there we cannot easily confuse
- these days. People rely completely on words. When I was a young man
- you will be shielded from so much that emerges these days and is clearly
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 6: The Feeling For Truth
- BEFORE TODAY'S talk, there will be a recitation of several poems in
- What is nowadays called poetry will gradually
- take on a new face. Granted, this is hard to understand these days,
- but it is true nevertheless. Though nowadays people hardly feel this
- And today you will hear attempts at poetry
- only yesterday — in the Salesianergasse. I knew him by sight but
- today they will be presented without eurythmy, but never mind.
- it in our whole understanding of life. However, we are confronted today
- of fate we witness in our time. Nowadays everything that is not part
- of the great events of the day is considered to be on a small scale.
- beginning of the nineteenth century and grew up in poverty. One day,
- days when people judge art. Do people buy actual works of art? No, names
- today that was as good as any of Leonardo's — it might be a really
- in other areas of everyday life and show how much our age needs honesty
- People nowadays read everything that comes before their eyes only superficially,
- read the newspapers. Newspapers don't last beyond their day, and people
- not imprint itself as deeply into the soul of most people these days,
- Now, that is an evening paper, and one day it ran a very sensational
- the ahrimanic spirit of the times. In other words, good books today
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 7: Toward Imagination
- in everyday life (which is also that of ordinary science) as our usual,
- everyday way of thinking is from dreams. We dream in pictures, and we
- theory can enable us to distinguish between dreams and so-called everyday
- from everyday life experiences, which we may call by analogy “a
- between this higher spiritual reality and that of everyday life.
- this today. Let's imagine we are looking at a house built out of bricks.
- Today I am also using them, for it is only through images that one can
- the boy was four years old. The day after the mother's funeral, the
- his mother, who had been buried the day before, was upstairs and if
- this lead to in those days? It turned out that shortly thereafter a
- it should be the same in life too, in our everyday life with each other.
- available nowadays; most of them are written by Jesuits. You can read
- we find that a great deal of what these days is called historical materialism
- these days — regardless of how many objections were raised. Now
- a stupid book these days is able to get hold of them. Such people then
- selfishly do not consider that such things are not permissible nowadays
- to have originated within our circles. Just today we have learned that
- about them too. Today, we wanted to talk about a serious topic since
- to penetrate a little bit what I have said here in these days to your
- and His language today is that of spiritual science. That is the way
- Title: Lecture IV: WHITSUN: A Symbol of the Immortality of the Ego
- seems to me less appropriate during these grave days
- uplift the soul. It will therefore be more fitting to-day to speak of
- of the human soul in order that mankind may go forward to better days.
- as reality, whereas in our days it is taken merely as symbolism. It
- the spiritual. In our days these things have been forgotten.
- when the nights are longest and the days shortest, when the earth is
- Sunday after the first full moon of spring, the first full moon after
- In our days it is necessary that these thoughts of the festival should
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: