Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0169)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: earth
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 1: The Immortality of the I
- mighty event that came to pass once in the evolution of the earth —
- to earth, incarnated in a human body, and passed through death. The
- often said, the spirit of the earth awakens in winter and is most active
- inside the earth when it is shrouded in wintry ice, is present in us
- it is directly connected with earthly events; it follows immediately
- upon the winter solstice, that is, at the time when the earth is shrouded
- the laws of the earth: when the nights are longest and the days shortest,
- when the earth is frozen, we withdraw into ourselves and seek the spiritual
- insofar as it lives in the earth. Thus Christmas is a festival bound
- to the spirit of the earth. It reminds us continually that as human
- beings we belong to the earth, that the spirit had to descend from the
- heights of the world and take on earthly form to become one of us children
- of the earth.
- Christmas is connected with the earth and Easter with the cosmos. Christmas
- reminds us of what is most holy in the earth, and Easter of what is
- the Apostles. This fire is neither of the heavens nor of the earth,
- with the whole world! As Christmas belongs to the earth and Easter to
- being to earth is given to each individual in the fiery tongues of Pentecost.
- in school. They are carefully taught that the earth at one time was
- a fantasy!] about the origin and future destruction of the earth
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 2: Blood and Nerves
- of processes belonging specifically to the earth. Blood is essentially
- of an earthly nature. You know that the development of the human being
- had been prepared long before the earth existed during the Saturn, Sun,
- it flows through our veins today, was added during our earth evolution.
- phases of evolution through processes that preceded our earth organization.
- is not of the earth, but the blood substance is of the earth. Nerve
- of the earth. Our blood substance, and everything that streams and flows
- in it, has its origin completely in earthly processes. Our nerve substance
- the earthly realm; it exists here on the earth where we live as physical
- that has been transplanted onto the earth. This is a very important
- originally a living substance and is now dead because we as earth beings
- the influence of earth forces, it would become a marvelous, living,
- it is in our organism and has thus entered the earthly sphere, it dies.
- is alive in the realm of the cosmos but dead in the realm of the earth.
- of earthly influences, we would have a wonderful, living, luminous substance.
- Of course, as soon as we returned it to our earthly sphere, it would
- on earth.
- around the earth. Thus, the passage of each nerve fiber through the
- the earth is really symbolized in the relationship of our inner nerves
- in the cosmos, but it is dead in us because it has entered the earthly
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 3: The Twelve Human Senses
- the whole. Here on earth our life is enclosed in our skin, but there
- We enter earthly life through Jakim, assured
- an anonymous community of holy men on earth, who do not know each
- long overstepped the limits of his earthly work and had already
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 4: The Human Organism Through the Incarnations
- have called Saturn, Sun, Moon, and Earth phases of evolution are composed
- phase of evolution, and by now it has undergone long ages of earth evolution,
- body during Earth evolution, we will only get a false idea if we rely
- on what ordinary life and conventional science tell us. For during earth
- added during earth evolution if we take “see” in the true
- during earth evolution; we have become upright beings, walking around
- with our spine perpendicular to the earth's surface. Our posture and
- the surface of the earth has been imprinted upon us during our evolution
- on earth.
- been impressed upon us in the long course of earth evolution. Essentially,
- before the earth existed.
- from the head basically developed on earth. The condition of the human
- the earth is retained only in the shape of the head. The head is a considerably
- venerable part. The earth added all the rest to the head — that
- existence of reincarnation, repeated earth lives, is plainly visible
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 5: Balance in Life
- of the earth while surrounded by sublime nature and its graceful beauty
- then can we realize that one event can give the earth its meaning. Only
- of cycles, where everything is said to repeat itself. That the earth
- the zenith of earth evolution, and then the living into it, this truth
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 6: The Feeling For Truth
- and to unearth a core common to all Gospels. Not much came of all this,
- everyday life as well as what gives meaning to the whole earth evolution,
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 7: Toward Imagination
- our previous earthly incarnation. The rest of our body, on the other
- of the head for the next life on earth.
- old Sun and the old Moon periods up to the time of our earth. During
- our earth period, we have become self-enclosed beings with completely
- during the earlier periods of our earthly planet the senses of the human
- forces that build up everything meant to exist on earth. And we draw
- of Golgotha brought something from spiritual heights to the earth for
- Title: Lecture IV: WHITSUN: A Symbol of the Immortality of the Ego
- in earth-evolution when Jesus of Nazareth, or, to be quite exact,
- the earth wakens in winter, is most active during the season when
- the earth when the earth is shrouded in the ice of winter. It is far
- further! The Christmas festival is directly connected with earthly
- happenings, with the winter solstice, the time when the earth is
- follow as it were the law by which earth-existence itself is governed;
- when the nights are longest and the days shortest, when the earth is
- that is now alive within the earth. The Christmas festival is
- linked with the Spirit of the earth; it reminds us ever and again that
- we belong to the earth, that the Spirit had perforce to come down from
- cosmic heights and take earthly form in order to be a child of earth
- among the children of earth.
- then, the Christmas festival is linked with the earth, and the Easter
- holy in the earth, at Easter of what is most holy in the heavens. But
- neither heavenly alone nor earthly alone; it is the all-pervading fire
- the Christmas festival is connected with the earth and the Easter
- mankind in general through the descent to the earth of the Being who
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: