Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0169)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: substance
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 2: Blood and Nerves
- science we consider all matter or substance to be a manifestation of
- are two totally different kinds of substance in our physical being.
- two fundamentally different kinds of substance in us: the blood substance,
- or blood material, and the nerve substance.
- there are all sorts of other substances too, muscle tissue, bone matter,
- and so on. But all these substances are actually built up from blood,
- does not contradict that we have primarily two substances in us, blood
- substance, or blood material, and nerve substance.
- One of the differences between these two substances
- with the nerve substance of the brain. Similarly, all nerves are really
- and the nerve substances are the two poles of our physical being. And
- these two kinds of substance are inwardly very different from each other.
- everything built up from the outside, namely the nerve substance. Then
- the substances would appear to be the same. In fact, they are fundamentally
- If you investigate both the blood substance
- and the nerve substance in the light of spiritual science, you will
- readily see the tremendous difference between the two. Our nerve substance
- is not of the earth, but the blood substance is of the earth. Nerve
- substance originated in processes that took place before the formation
- of the earth. Our blood substance, and everything that streams and flows
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 3: The Twelve Human Senses
- times. There will not be a lasting future if the substance of this spiritual
- occult substance that flows through our whole evolution has found its
- our senses are concerned, what is spread out over our nerve substance
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 4: The Human Organism Through the Incarnations
- body seems to be built out of physical substances, and as we grow, we
- fat — if we do — we see how more substance or matter is
- it is not substances but movements that are added. These movements get
- a depletion of the substances of the physical body and of the movements
- sense, is a kind of killing or destruction of living substance, of living
- our physical substance with our ego activity. Therefore, we must compensate
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: