Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0176)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: force
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Karma of Materialism: Lecture 1
- aspect of the transitory world of illusion and the reality is the force
- as it truly is and can recognize the forces that were at work. The reason
- forces are active in spheres where they do not belong they become destructive.
- Title: Karma of Materialism: Lecture 2
- i.e., atoms. And many scientists, in fact most, endow matter with force
- when the universe was explained as a structure of matter and force,
- the air pump as containing a substance that forced in the air. That
- Force is another concept
- which in particular occupies those who speculate about force in their
- of spiritual cognition shows that where force is supposed to be active
- there is in fact nothing. But where the force is thought not to be,
- way those who theorize about force are looking at what is between the
- reality. Where it is said that a force of attraction is operating there
- physicists draw lines to depict currents of force, but where the force
- luciferic element where force is placed by those who theorize about
- it. In the 19th Century someone wrote a book with the title “Force
- and Matter” in which the world is presented as consisting of force
- are described as force and matter. What can be described as force and
- science wakes up to the fact that force and matter should be termed
- Title: Karma of Materialism: Lecture 3
- on the brain that we were forced out of what should have been our normal
- process above our consciousness is actively working the force that entered
- force of Jehovah that worked in man. If we deepen our insight into the
- sway of the Jehovah force in human evolution, it gives us a picture
- of how the force worked which gave man life through the breath. As described
- there it worked in the forces of heredity down to the third and fourth
- corresponding force at work after the Mystery of Golgotha we must turn
- to the Christ. Just as the force of Jehovah is related to man's process
- of breathing so is the force of Christ, indeed the whole Mystery of
- we would be conscious, not of inhaling air, but of taking in the force
- Jahve's opponent and the consciousness, inherent in the force of Jahve,
- one perforce must use strange, severe words in order to give a true
- It really did happen that the Being from whom the Jahve-force issued
- will penetrate with their forces just that from which man otherwise
- the forces from above can now stream in and out of that which is below,
- will elapse and man will need a different force, he must have something
- in his earthly consciousness. What is this different force?
- This different force is
- himself the strong force with which to protect the Christ impulse in
- this attitude is bound to call up opposing forces just as they appear
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Karma of Materialism: Lecture 4
- soul is able to work more actively and with stronger forces; forces
- nurture them, for they are forces, effective forces. Any doubt we may
- cherishing them because while we do they act as forces and produce effects
- sedimentation which had been driven upwards by the force of water. Goethe
- Title: Karma of Materialism: Lecture 5
- gradually developing those forces which, at the moment of death, confront
- develops death forces and death itself is enhanced consciousness compressed
- of Golgotha man gained knowledge through the forces of birth; after
- the Mystery of Golgotha he gains knowledge through the forces of death.
- united Himself with those earthly forces which came to dominate man's
- consciousness. What kind of forces are they? They are death forces,
- the very forces to which man now owes his consciousness! You will understand
- forces enabling them to become henceforth the basis for man's consciousness.
- from the forces of death. What had to happen to give evolution so mighty
- force into mankind's evolution, making consciousness arise from forces
- is because at that moment all the forces are present which have sustained
- the force of death. In other words, the Resurrection had to occur in
- Christ, who united Himself with the forces of death, is the living Christ.
- a misdeed. The contradictory thought constantly forces itself upon man:
- forces. It was inevitable for instance that the code of law should eventually
- had evolved out of Judaic law, were so saturated with ahrimanic forces
- were a powerful and efficient force in establishing the external side
- task to call up the inner forces of his soul which enables him to grasp
- that he should call upon this soul-force. A force which ought to be
- reinforced this impression. His way of speaking was lucid, definite,
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Karma of Materialism: Lecture 6
- for decades so that at the right moment the appropriate ahrimanic forces
- knowledge may become a vital force enabling souls to deal appropriately
- Title: Karma of Materialism: Lecture 7
- is really like a mighty retrospect. Forces were still present in man's
- peculiar position once we realize that the powerful force he brought
- back, it makes manifest a force working from the past. We are looking
- Title: Karma of Materialism: Lecture 8
- which man perforce had to have, in the fifth cultural epoch was experienced
- in the fourth post-Atlantean epoch. These living forces constituted
- forces at work in nature besides those which can be discovered by external
- indeed "natural" supersensible forces are at work in her.
- In that earlier age it was part of man's knowledge that spiritual forces
- manipulating those forces.
- fully conscious one. But the experience, that spiritual forces were
- a direct effect of original sin. The fact that man, out of his own forces,
- epoch. The force in man most closely bound up with his nature is the
- force that expresses itself in his will, in his actions. What a man
- of the fifth post-Atlantean epoch with all the vigorous forces that
- the human soul so that it can find, through its own forces, the path
- forces, the connection with the spiritual world.
- in our time, comes to meet us with such force in Luther, you will discover
- wish that, just at this time, what Luther so forcefully proclaimed would
- Title: Karma of Materialism: Lecture 9
- every night into sleep. We attain our best forces, also in regard to
- become able actually to behold the spiritual forces and impulses that
- in coming down the pendulum gathers a force that makes it swing equally
- are easy to recognize because the external phenomena themselves enforce
- in its downward swing gathers the force that will make it swing upwards,
- so there develops with the force of good will a tendency to its opposite,
- contrasting forces that were engendered in his soul by what he was doing.
- stronger and more effective forces than those possessed by most leading
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture I
- forces that arose from the declining organism and that could
- as a creative force, his wishing to express only views that
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture II
- felt their life forces become sluggish and recede; they felt
- dependence on the thriving, flourishing life forces during
- in as nourishment; it is the spiritual forces underlying the
- into the world with forces of growth, of thriving, and
- culmination, the climax of the growing, thriving life forces,
- forces. This was partly because he still remembered his
- I withdrew from the declining life forces which
- that the declining life forces are particularly important to
- their life forces were declining perceived them particularly
- the climax of the thriving life forces and the body's decline
- from one to the other. When his life forces began to decline
- forces, especially during dream, sleep and other states of
- dependence upon the flourishing, up-thrusting life forces no
- force spread over the earth and, from another direction,
- necessary that within the soul, forces are initiated which do
- not arise because bodily forces shoot into the soul. Now
- about his 30th year; that is, as long as the forces of growth
- forces of growth. A sense and feeling for this was still
- ceases to participate in the forces of growth and thriving,
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture III
- force in water as it evaporates to come down again as rain,
- sclerotic and mineralized. The body's forces of decline, its
- made in this war by Russian forces. His Majesty hopes that
- to devote their best forces to achieve so great and
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture IV
- polar opposites. Forces in the left side relate to forces in
- both prongs the forces in the left side of the body unite
- forces, by flowing together, form a common stream of
- emanation. When a person particularly strong in such forces
- takes place in the forces of both sides of his body. This
- streams of forces in the body to unite, and as it dips it
- diverts the force that would otherwise cause illness in some
- part of the body. So it is a case of streams of forces being
- discover the interplay of forces between man and world, he
- clairvoyance or hypnotic influences. When our soul forces
- forces at work in the formation of the brain during early
- with forces that entered me from the spiritual world, and
- forces proceeding from the spiritual world, and what I am
- Spiritual forces appear in various
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture V
- as the forces of truth are situated in his ether body.
- basically represents active forces in the astral body.
- such they are forces acting across from the previous life.
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture VI
- forces for our next incarnation. In this life it must
- we depict the I, we are dealing with a force
- belonging not to this life, but a force that will only evolve
- I the force that will evolve in our next
- the seed-like forces for the next incarnation.
- the next life. No matter how forcefully, how mystically one
- relating disparate events, we become aware of a force which
- force which lives in us in this life in the form of a
- Bernstein through some kind of inner force of attraction.
- say, “I am,” I rely on a force which I have
- am,” I am within a force which becomes a human being in
- out of a force that was in me in a former life on earth.
- actual present. The only soul force that is fully real in our
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture VII
- knowledge of the forces inherent in the peoples of Europe.
- Title: Aspects/Evolution: Lecture VIII
- force. To speak about Lloyd George in 1890 when he was aged
- power, in the last resort, over man's elemental forces. The
- forces which at present are shaping the world, and we are
- implanting the dying forces of the West into the germinating
- forces of the East is dreadful. Some are aware of what is
- furthered not through brute force but rather through moral
- all the inner forces at our disposal.
- have come from? There must be forces beneath the ground that
- build up a theory as to the nature of the forces that push
- formations and processes of the brain the forces that create
- the forces and impulses of the Occident; above all it wants
- human souls themselves carried the forces and capabilities
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: