Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0194)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: abstract
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Elemental Beings and Human Destinies
- of abstract science, and it is this. These subconscious members of the
- awareness of the presence of an abstract spiritual world that is
- the lines of abstract formulae solely because the Christ Impulse has
- within the abstract.
- abstract the two things out of it space and time. Space and
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture II: The Michael revelation.
- not want to stop short at such formal, abstract definitions, for the
- must bring it about that we do not consider on the one hand abstract
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture III. Michaelic Thinking.
- with narrow abstractions and philosophical world conceptions, but I
- are turning ever so far away from mere abstract intelligence, but this
- deepest impulses of the social question. For the abstract League of
- Nations will not solve the international problem. Such abstractions do
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture V: The Michael Deed and the Michael Influence as Counter-pole of the Ahrimanic Influence
- that the abstract recounting of events and the searching for cause and
- At the outset, this seems an abstract fact. But for the spiritual
- researcher this is not an abstract fact. You know that we can trace
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture VI: The Ancient Yoga Culture and the New Yoga Will.
- brilliancy, and darkness, obscurity. The abstractions in which we live
- future age of mankind, to speak in abstractions about the spiritual,
- withdrawing to the abstract. But what is necessary is the following:
- in the future we must cease to differentiate abstractly between the
- respect; then we shall not have abstract matter and abstract spirit,
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture I: The Dualism in the Life of the Present Time
- the spirit mean something entirely abstract, foreign to the world,
- and matter, whereby spirit is treated in the abstract, and has no
- spirit is not the true spirit, but a human abstraction; and worship
- an abstract spiritual kingdom, he does not find the spirit at all,
- the Holy Spirit and all kinds of things — in abstract forms.
- abstract views about them. The others speak of a nature devoid of
- taught, because in our abstract spiritual view we speak of every sort
- have such a living thought that it is not abstract, but follows the
- say, when I did not merely pursue abstract things in thought, like a
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture II: The Development of Architecture
- the spiritual, which in this way acquired a certain abstract
- quality: hence the Gothic forms also produce an abstract-mathematical
- We should say in modern speech, which has become abstract: here would
- abstract concepts does not really understand them; but they can be
- But “Know thou thyself” not in some abstract way; “Know
- “That art thou.” But now, not an abstract definition of
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture III: Historical Occurrences of the Last Century
- considered concretely, rather than in the abstract. Let me give an
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture IV: The Old Mysteries of Light, Space, and Earth
- of the spiritual life, but it gradually became abstract. From being a
- confined to the abstract, legalistic form, because there was no
- has flowed into our life, but this has now become utterly abstract, a
- abstract has lost all impulsive force. We have no choice but to place
- to become abstract; but externally it influenced human customs, human
- West: namely, to rise on all occasions to ultimate abstractions. What
- the Germans have in their spiritual life is called “abstractions”
- abstractions. This was shown in their political life, in their most
- the talent for abstraction demonstrated in Woodrow Wilson is the
- ultimate talent for abstraction in the political field. Those
- originate in a mind wholly formed for the abstract, with no
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: