Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0194)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: ancient
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Elemental Beings and Human Destinies
- cent are superfluous. The poems that are derived from an ancient
- before us. A description is given of the ancient Assyrian and
- Babylonian kingdoms, of the ancient Persian and Egyptian kingdoms and
- part of general education and culture, as they were in ancient times.
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture II: The Michael revelation.
- development has gone on through ancient Saturn, Sun and
- the teachers of the ancient Hebrew people were conscious of the fact
- Moses out of the burning bush. And when the initiates of this ancient
- Thus in ancient Hebrew occultism, the Yahve-revelation was called the
- During these ancient times of the Old Testament people knew that the
- Luciferic beings was a secret known in all ancient temples and it was
- pointed to an ancient stage of human consciousness and he said: In
- this ancient time the Word lived in a spiritual way; but the Word
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture III. Michaelic Thinking.
- culture, yet in ancient Greece it was still possible to devote oneself
- solution of the social question out of the remnants of ancient states
- ancient states of human consciousness have been solved. The earth is
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture IV: The Culture of the Mysteries and the Michael Impulse.
- culture. It had its origin in the ancient Mysteries into which those
- through them, out to other human beings. One cannot understand ancient
- mere thought element of the ancient Mysteries was retained. We may
- culture in very ancient times. This culture of the Mysteries I
- have the last ramification, the echo of the ancient Mystery culture.
- ancient Mystery culture, which has settled like a head-memory of this
- ancient culture. And in our modern age, the human being passed through
- impossible for the ancient Greeks who retained the remnants of ancient
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture V: The Michael Deed and the Michael Influence as Counter-pole of the Ahrimanic Influence
- conditions upon the ancient Moon. But alongside these
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture VI: The Ancient Yoga Culture and the New Yoga Will.
- Lecture VI: The Ancient Yoga Culture and the New Yoga Will.
- The Ancient Yoga Culture and the New Yoga Will. The Michael Culture of the Future
- culture which reaches back into such ancient times, the primeval
- reckoning with space and time was not characteristic of this ancient
- space and time in world conception was not present in that ancient
- of our age. In that ancient time, the main concern of the human being
- today are completely foreign to that ancient earth population. There
- him. And if we had talked to a man of this ancient, primeval Persian
- was comprehended at the outset, with the remnants of the ancient mode
- of thought and culture. This ancient way of comprehending the Mystery
- place. The ancient way does no longer suffice, and many attempts that
- instance, in the ancient Hebrew doctrine. We must learn not merely to
- more ancient than Christianity for the Holy Mass is a ritual of the
- ancient Mystery culture, transformed in the Christian sense. And
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture II: The Development of Architecture
- his feeling, the ancient Apollo-saying: “Know thou thyself.”
- do with this straining after the ancient. Its endeavor concerns that
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture III: Historical Occurrences of the Last Century
- which recalls that definition once given in ancient Greece to the
- developed in the ancient Hebraic culture; and those forces of
- the ancient pagan culture. At the present time we have the two
- streams intermingling: one, a continuation of ancient paganism, in
- ancient Hebrews, we have in the social viewpoint of the present,
- nature: it is merely the continuation of ancient paganism; we have a
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture IV: The Old Mysteries of Light, Space, and Earth
- the ancient Greek and Latin cultural life, the Greco-Latin spiritual
- in ancient Greece; and in the Orient it issued from what we may call the
- beings of ancient times had an atavistic clairvoyance, a dream-like
- people of those ancient times, who had only dream-like visions of the
- the ancient gift of atavistic clairvoyance gradually wane and become
- source as the ancient atavistic clairvoyance; and therefore Socrates
- The Greek wanted to show in the Mercury-type that the ancient
- lowest races, those with dim remnants of ancient clairvoyance —
- concepts, instead of the ancient spiritual life, or it had to be
- before the spread of Christianity in ancient times, undoubtedly had a
- pronounced economic life. And what ancient customs can still be
- the gods, are an echo of this ancient economic culture.
- ancient spiritual life, of the Egyptian or oriental spiritual
- those in authority. That, however, is ancient spiritual life, not
- the judges still have from ancient times, and feel it likewise in the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: