Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0194)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: self
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Elemental Beings and Human Destinies
- relatively speaking, self-dependent. We have within the human being
- are each self-dependent, although at the same time they work together.
- experience in yourself, but this experience is at the same time
- one division that shows itself in the course of human life.
- infinite, but when it has spread itself out for a sufficient distance
- himself in life, if you can feel what is in between the words he says
- experienced by the man himself, takes place also as an absolutely
- destiny that works itself out within the course of life is
- makes itself felt particularly strongly in connection with the
- recognised. Man will have to come to the point of knowing himself more
- united Himself with the life of earthly humanity? People are not
- united Himself. There we come to the place where the Christ is truly
- development of Man from sources outside himself. The impulses for the
- out into the infinite, but swings back on itself not indeed as
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture I: The Power and Mission of Michael
- relating himself in the proper way to this trinity, this triune
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture II: The Michael revelation.
- into the twentieth century will have to say to himself: all that
- regard to the head the human being himself had formerly a kind of
- of the head itself are not life processes but death processes. The
- familiarize himself with a process of destruction. He must also
- familiarize himself with the fact that the materialistically inclined
- clairvoyant, through the inner strength of his soul, raised himself to
- he said to himself: the knowledge that comes to the human being on
- Death on Golgotha the Being Whom we call the Christ has united Himself
- Himself with the evolution of mankind.
- The time of preparation has passed. Michael himself, in the
- united itself with the earth through the Christ impulse and which must
- unite itself with mankind in order that mankind shall not perish with
- into his head but into his whole being, that he permeates himself with
- Myself to you not only during the days in which the Gospels were
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture III. Michaelic Thinking.
- Nobody can interfere with another person's way of relating himself to
- united Himself with the Earth evolution the situation has
- through the Christ impulse itself the relationship of every human
- being to the Christ forms itself in such a way — if it forms
- itself rightly — that it is the same in every human being. This,
- the human being finds himself in a process of dying. We may thus point
- makes itself felt from the eighth sphere out of which the rest of our
- civilized mankind deceives itself, can deceive itself, in regard to
- see with your physical eyes. That which man unites with himself of
- yourself: What confronts me here are the particles of matter which the
- human spirit shape stores up in itself; this makes the invisible being
- here are invisible, are super-sensible. To say this to oneself with full
- spiritual conception of himself and the world. Since the seventies of
- Every ascent is followed by a descent; every ascent bears in itself
- culture, yet in ancient Greece it was still possible to devote oneself
- particles of substance which he has drawn together into himself. Even
- themselves about man himself, as long as they consider man to be
- making himself understood to the human being. The greatest Messenger
- the One Who was able to reveal Himself in the greatest earth event as
- It exists like the other revelations. But it does not force itself
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture IV: The Culture of the Mysteries and the Michael Impulse.
- Self-knowledge and its Permeation of the Three Strata of Consciousness
- The Culture of the Mysteries and the Michael Impulse. Self-knowledge and its Permeation of the Three Strata of Consciousness
- Greek dialectics. Anyone who wishes to familiarize himself with the
- present age the attempt toward self-knowledge of mankind is made, the
- know thyself exists like a longing, but this know
- thyself will only be fulfilled through real spiritual cognition.
- to comprehend in thought their own self and humanity has only
- factually upon their own self are able in the present age to look back
- their own self will sense this faculty which will be theirs
- beings are brought to self-knowledge through the
- coincide with nature herself. Then, as I become more familiar with
- life, I also acquire in the course of time what nature herself
- does not harmonize with them. And now gradually he adjusts himself to
- familiarizing himself with such a thing does he become aware of the
- will performs. Not the experience of the will itself, but only its
- for which he does not feel himself mature enough to become fully
- appear illogical to him for the simple reason that he himself calls it
- lies between the two. That man permeates himself with the Christ
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture V: The Michael Deed and the Michael Influence as Counter-pole of the Ahrimanic Influence
- mankind is itself an evolution of a living entity. Just as there is
- itself. When, from this point of view, we make tests, we can easily
- But this sort of conclusion was something quite self-evident for an
- itself in such formulas; mankind feels that it is necessary to acquire
- possible concept of what it is that has thus prepared itself, we must
- descending line. Earth humanity and the evolution of the earth itself
- decay. Mankind itself, in particular, is in a process of decay through
- preparation, as a pre-state. Only upon the Earth itself did man, as he
- 1914, this war catastrophe broke in upon us. One had to ask oneself:
- but merely the human physical self.
- himself with the Christ, then these Ahrimanic powers cannot penetrate
- his own self. There actually exists a kind of anti-method, if I may
- Title: Lecture: Mission of Michael: Lecture VI: The Ancient Yoga Culture and the New Yoga Will.
- nature herself for the soul element, for the spiritual element, whose
- one who was distrustful and selfish was experienced as a dark man.
- itself through this element of light and darkness constituted for him
- am a being of nature outside and at the same time I am myself.
- feel the contrast between himself and nature. And if I am again to
- himself and which he, at the same time, recognizes as a process of
- itself has changed. This, of course, you cannot prove clinically; but
- become materialistic; reality itself has lost its soul.
- am now saying. For just consider what it means that reality itself, in
- three millennia ago, lived in a night culture. Yahve revealed himself
- which stems from the head of man himself; this thought was only to
- oneself with this consciousness means to permit the Michael culture to
- enter. Just as it was self-evident for the man of the second and third
- so must it become self-evident for us to think of light as
- made possible through the fact that the Christ has united Himself with
- material itself and describe it as such; and we must recognize in the
- true knowledge of man himself. Blood is quite a special
- soul-spiritual comprehension of the human being himself, in every
- I myself, you can be sure, am not at all eager for such a battle,
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture I: The Dualism in the Life of the Present Time
- friends, it will be permissible to take our building itself as the
- will get an impression — perhaps just from the building itself,
- today, almost universally, a kingdom in itself, — a kingdom
- human being can so unite himself as to enable this spirit, through
- man's mediation, to weave itself even into the social life. A
- no intention of immersing itself in our everyday life — such a
- beyond himself, and the other tending to drag him down beneath
- himself. Now modern spiritual civilization has confused the
- but the Luciferic region. And much that today calls itself Mysticism
- spiritual views to develop a knowledge about nature itself. The fact
- entirely out of the will of spiritual science itself.
- yourself deeply in the first and its forms, when you cause the idea
- spiritual creative activity in nature itself, when nature causes one
- this fourth revealed itself to me as the most complicated. That is to
- one came forth from the preceding — just as in nature itself
- resulted entirely from the work itself; and I could see that this
- the creative activity of the spirit in nature itself.
- external life, but must be achieved in the innermost self.
- considers himself very wise when he says: “Successive
- history itself is also an organism, and such leaps take place in it;
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture II: The Development of Architecture
- among men, but conceals itself in mysterious depths. Now if one
- him-self who uttered it had a relation of ownership or any other
- himself to the mysteries of the universe.” It was necessary to
- central point within himself.
- can express itself.
- his feeling, the ancient Apollo-saying: “Know thou thyself.”
- But “Know thou thyself” not in some abstract way; “Know
- thou thyself in the struggle for balance.” Therefore we have to
- us at one time, for example, a man who wished to play himself up a
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture III: Historical Occurrences of the Last Century
- that disposition to create for oneself a little sensual
- fact that this spiritual world makes itself felt in many a human
- is correct, when I cannot myself see into the spiritual world? That
- decide of itself whether the element of truth rules in what anyone
- himself was monopolized by the denominational societies; and only
- secular scholarship has devoted itself entirely to the science of
- presents itself, but you will overcome it with a little effort of
- you have the candle itself covered, you will see only the reflection
- we discover in this way manifests itself in human life; and the
- This dualism also exists today in the individual human being himself.
- supposed to be no bridge; he finds himself in a ghostlike region
- Title: Mysteries of Light: Lecture IV: The Old Mysteries of Light, Space, and Earth
- First, our spiritual life, as it presents itself
- it could at the same time, out of itself, establish the rights
- And now still a third stream unites itself with
- life sprang up which had to develop of itself and work its way up,
- drawing), the middle stream empties into self-seeking; and an
- degeneration of humanity through Ahriman; the second is self-seeking,
- and self-seeking, of Lucifer. So the third, a worthy companion of the
- fancies itself to be wisdom, and which thinks it has made such
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: