Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0231)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: material
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Spiritual Knowledge: A Way of Life
- has brought to humanity quite remarkable blessings of a material
- criterion holds good for the material world; there we can rightly let
- dispute and argue about idealism and materialism, and so forth; to
- that have a materialistic orientation give us pain; for we know, such
- Materialism is quite right as far as earthly consciousness is
- Title: Supersensible Man: Lecture I
- the last few centuries, my dear friends, materialism has found its way
- into our very knowledge of man. What is this materialism, in reality?
- Materialism is the kind of thought which regards man as a product of
- materialism. It is dilettantism to imagine that this is what we should
- materialism, which either cast doubt upon or deny altogether the
- tremendous weight and power of materialism. Of what use is it in the
- system? It is materialism that has brought us all this knowledge and
- research. Many of those who are ready to refute materialism to-day do
- tremendous significance of the detailed knowledge which materialism
- materialism for our whole understanding of man.
- can at most yield knowledge of man as a transient, material being,
- Title: Supersensible Man: Lecture II
- shut off that which lives behind the merely material. But now imagine
- Title: Supersensible Man: Lecture III
- the sense that a material object presented to the eye is spatial.
- qualities can remain hidden in the material world; an out-and-out
- the phenomena of the material world. It is only on Earth that there
- they were materialists and rejected in thought and deed everything of
- the material, confronts the Beings in the Mercury sphere with
- higher stage of development. If a man was a rank materialist in
- material world there is a super-sensible world. This is how it is in
- material aspect of the heavens did not really begin until the time of
- make any headway in face of material science! People are so proud of
- material realms that are in strange contrast to the spiritual events
- in material science, but a more accurate research would reveal the
- the super-sensible and the material on Earth. We find, therefore, on
- Title: Supersensible Man: Lecture IV
- same is true in relation to all knowledge of material things
- Title: Supersensible Man: Lecture V
- and a new birth. The beauties of material Nature on Earth are so full
- see in material existence should delight and uplift us. Its real
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: