Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0270)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: corpse
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: First Class, Vol. I: Lesson 2
- thinking is a corpse. Where did the being live whose corpse
- us in school and in life itself, our thinking is a corpse. It
- observation and the corpse is visible - the dead form of the
- corpse buried in our own heads, in our brains. And just as if a
- corpse in the tomb were to declare: I am the man! so declares
- our thinking when it lies buried in the brain as a corpse and
- thinks about the external things of the world. It is a corpse.
- It is perhaps depressing to realize that it is a corpse, but it
- sense-world, for the gods of the cosmos is the corpse of our
- Title: First Class, Vol. I: Lesson 8
- man uses on earth between birth and death is a corpse. It does
- the earth. And here we carry the corpses of thought within us.
- not with living thoughts but with the corpses of thought. But
- earthly corpse-thinking. From it spring forth - but dead - the
- Title: First Class Lessons: Lesson XXI (recapitulation)
- pictures. We imagine ourselves in front of a corpse which has
- this corpse. As it is now, it can never have come into being in
- must have first transfigured it. The corpse lies in the coffin.
- the thinking that we have between birth and death is the corpse
- Title: First Class Lessons: Lesson XXIV (recapitulation)
- corpse of the living thinking which was in us before we
- thinking, which lies in the coffin as a corpse. But we use this
- corpse for our usual abstract thinking between birth and
- corpse that lies before us. We look at this corpse. We say to
- ourselves: This corpse could never have come into being the way
- lies before us as a corpse. Thus, we approach the reality of
- that it is the corpse of the living thinking that was in us
- Title: First Class Lessons: Lesson XXVI (recapitulation)
- earthly thinking is the corpse - as we have heard in previous
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: