You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: gothic
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: And The Temple Becomes Man
- realise that a Gothic building, with its characteristic forms, is
- itself as a Greek Temple. Every Gothic form seems to reach out beyond
- through the enclosing walls and mingle with the universe. The Gothic
- element; but there is something in all Gothic forms which seems to
- permeable. One of the reasons why a Gothic building makes its
- coloured windows of a Gothic cathedral among the tiny specks of dust?
- Title: Ways/Architecture: Lecture I: The Acanthus Leaf
- revived Greek architecture, Schmidt who elaborated Gothic
- Title: Ways/Architecture: Lecture II: The House of Speech
- God. Gothic architecture is really only a branch of what was
- already being prepared. The essential feature of Gothic
- Temple. When we pass to the pillars of Gothic architecture
- the weight-bearing Gothic pillars we are no longer concerned
- with the pure working of the force of gravity; in the Gothic
- which enclose the community also gives rise, in Gothic
- Gothic Church is an edifice built by the community to enclose
- themselves work at the building as a community. In Gothic
- they gather around the God in their labours. Gothic Churches
- where it becomes crystallised handicraft in Gothic
- community may dwell within the Roman or Gothic edifice; but
- Title: Ways/Architecture: Lecture III: The New Conception of Architecture
- Gothic Cathedral we have a still later form of architectural
- Gothic architecture. We feel as if the work performed in the
- conception of architecture onwards to that of Gothic building
- from Gothic architecture to that of Spiritual Science may be
- described as follows: Gothic architecture contains the
- behind Gothic architecture.