Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0293)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: music
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Study of Man: Lecture V
- represent? He is supposed to represent a musical connoisseur who quite
- should dwell in music. In the contrast between Walther and Beckmesser,
- feeling and thinking work together in the hearing of music. And this
- the whole appeal to feeling in Wagner's art as unmusical. There are
- of view as the work of Eduard Hanslick On Beauty in Music. The
- music from a feeling element is no true musician, and has no real
- understanding for music: for a true musician sees the real essence of
- what is musical only in the objective joining of one tone with
- abstaining from all feeling. In this book, On Beauty in Music
- highest type of music must consist solely in the tone-picture, the
- of music is a clear sign that recent psychological ideas about the
- Music is very brilliant.
- Title: Study of Man: Lecture X
- to song and music. Head man reveals Body: Breast man Body and Soul:
- music within.
- poetic, the musical arts, arise out of the plastic, the architectural
- musical arts are within. A reflecting back of the world from within
- outwards such is the nature of the musical arts. Thus does man
- Title: Study of Man: Lecture XI
- instance, or Eurythmy. It wouldn't do. Nor can we give him a musical
- art. The first elements of drawing, painting and music must precede
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: