Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0307)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: speak
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Three Epochs in the Religious Education of Man
- the inner life of soul and Spirit. What we to-day would speak of as
- Initiation Science speak to man: “Gazing into thine own being,
- Title: Education: Lecture I: Science, Art, Religion and Morality
- is a pleasure to come to the North of England to speak on a subject
- think that I am speaking not only to those who have actually arranged
- to speak of our educational principles and their practical application a
- confidence are necessary when one has to speak of matters so
- far I have only mentioned one of its limitations, but speaking in the
- introductory lecture, when I am not yet speaking of education, let me
- positive activity. The difficulty of speaking of these things to-day
- Title: Education: Lecture II: Principles of Greek Education
- education, however, of which I have here to speak, is concerned
- third step first, so to speak, but the first step first: the
- Greece and that speaks of an abstract soul and spirit. The Greek in
- common property, so to speak, of the educated people. What was it, we
- Title: Education: Lecture IV: The Connection of the Spirit with Bodily Organs
- education by the teacher. When I was speaking of the Greeks, I told
- us think for a moment of the idea people have to-day when they speak
- experience connected with it. We can only speak of the spirit in
- men apply the spirit, not the way in which they speak about it in the
- associate themselves. And modern psychology speaks in the most varied
- in discussing man as a spiritual being, I speak first of the teeth.
- purpose in eating and speaking.
- not only for the sake of eating and speaking, but for quite a
- press onwards to the inner being of man nor to speak of how the
- speaks of the other phenomena as secondary sexual
- Title: Education: Lecture V: The Emancipation of the Will in the Human Organism
- accustomed when we speak of spirit to-day: it is only possible to do
- about education. As a matter of fact people speak as a rule very
- Some time in the future it will be just natural to speak of the
- human being with knowledge as it is mostly natural nowadays to speak with
- Our civilization must therefore learn to speak about the
- all we now feel is an inner lassitude when we speak of it. In olden
- of St. John refers when it speaks of the Logos.
- Title: Education: Lecture VI: Walking, Speaking, Thinking
- education. My aim has been to speak to the human heart rather than to
- earliest years — the faculties of walking, speaking, and thinking.
- We cannot speak of a specifically physical training of the child, for
- Speaking, then,
- learning to speak. First there are the outer movements, the movements of
- to walk, so while we help him to speak we must be inwardly true. The
- the time when a child is learning to speak, for in those years the
- imitates his environment, so learn to speak that the subtle activity
- learning to speak determines whether, in the more subtle functions of
- women. We should speak in ordinary language to the child and avoid
- having learnt to speak in a wrong way.
- they were learning to think after having learned to speak. The
- learning to walk, truthfulness while he learns to speak, clarity and
- which the child is beginning to speak. Nerve trouble is the outcome
- the habit of caning. The last thing I wish to do is to speak in
- Title: Education: Lecture VII: The Rhythmic System, Sleeping and Waking, Imitation
- our dealings with the child — make a special point of speaking
- are really tragic. Materialism speaks only of matter, never of the spirit.
- speaks of it only in empty abstractions, while spiritualism, imagining
- that it is speaking of the spirit, is concerned only with matter.
- Title: Education: Lecture VIII: Reading, Writing and Nature Study
- is quite true, but fundamentally speaking, the forces of the whole
- We should speak of the plants as holding converse with us and with
- speak to him, and at this age he must feel no separation between
- that just as he himself can speak, so everything that surrounds him
- also speaks.
- given sufficient time to speaking of the plant world in living pictures,
- it is difficult as yet to speak openly, because modern science regards it
- To begin with, we avoid speaking of the mineral as such. The child is
- I am now speaking, nothing in the way of mineralogy should be taught the
- speaking, merely of a sheath surrounding the protoplasm. We show the
- Title: Education: Lecture IX: Arithmetic, Geometry, History
- shall speak about the teaching of history later on.) On the other
- the same way. I will speak of this next.
- Title: Education: Lecture X: Physics, Chemistry, Handwork, Language, Religion
- therefore, we must speak of plants, animals, mountains, rivers and so
- fantasy. We must make him feel as if his own being were speaking to
- must be introduced. (I shall be speaking more of this in to-morrow's
- age. The less we speak of causality before this time the stronger,
- we are constantly speaking of causality to a younger child, dead
- learns to speak. Another language in civilized Europe is rooted
- its vowels and consonants reveal that this is so. When people speak,
- so far as speech is concerned, to be able not merely to speak
- between the ninth and tenth years and generally speaking the
- speaks of Anthroposophy to grown-up people, and its ideas and
- seven and ten, we let plants, clouds, springs, and the like, speak their
- Title: Education: Lecture XI: Memory, Temperaments, Bodily Culture and Art
- know in detail how the human being is constituted, and not to speak
- vaguely about human nature in general as one speaks about a house
- nonsense to speak of abnormalities or disease of the spiritual part
- pedantic about such matters. Fundamentally speaking the spirit and
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: