Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures by GA number (GA0351)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: need
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: On the Nature of Butterflies
- is earthy moisture in water. So we can say that to thrive, the egg needs
- butterflies. The human ego actually has the power needed to create real
- Title: Nine Lectures on Bees: Lecture II
- i.e. until she is a complete full-grown insect, needs only
- worker-bee then, needs twenty-one days, and the drone, the male
- — which will finish its task soonest of all — needs
- and drones — all need a different number of days for their
- consider these twenty-one days needed by the worker-bees. There is something
- no longer belong to us; we suffer them only because we need
- what are they needed?
- lays eggs. The Queen need not necessarily be fertilised to lay eggs.
- flight which really needs the Sun? In had weather it cannot take
- some doubt, for it needs exact study. Nevertheless, it really is so.
- gathers all it needs for food, for storing, and for further elaboration
- tastes them, so the bee has no need to use its eyes at all.
- itself. It needs the poison when it fears something from outside may
- needs for producing wax, out of which it then makes the
- become more numerous. In Nature, every need calls forth the working
- else so that they will not need coal any longer.” Naturally,
- Title: Nine Lectures on Bees: Lecture III
- the ultra-violet rays. But they need to see them just as little as
- the barium platino-cyanide needs to see in order to shine. All one
- that while at work in the bee-house, as a man one naturally needs light, and
- in all these matters, we must realise how perfectly clear we need to be
- you feed the bees on honey. They do not then need to expend the same
- Title: Nine Lectures on Bees: Lecture IV
- You need only
- does not need much proof of the fact that milk is good for little
- But man needs
- bring forth hexagonal forms — man has need of it.
- which man really needs, for man must have those six-cornered spaces
- within him. Man needs the same thing. Inasmuch as the bee is the
- You need only
- also needs this hexagonally-working force. If one only mixes together
- The stomach especially needs acids, and when you put too much sugar into
- between the horse and Herr von Osten. The latter had no need to make
- One need not
- Title: Nine Lectures on Bees: Lecture V
- may need rather more than this to keep the stock in good condition.
- contradictory opinions. We need not get our stings ready like the
- Title: Nine Lectures on Bees: Lecture VI
- green-house — it need not be a large one — in which he
- themselves whenever the plants they need have failed elsewhere. By
- those most needed have failed, either partially or altogether. It
- any need to be reactionary in the realms of politics, or of life, is
- already takes from the plant the substance it needs. The bee, as it
- there. It does not need to change the substance into a gall-apple, it takes
- the nectar directly from the plants, neither does the bee need to go
- with its many branches. The bee does not need to go to the tree to
- Title: Nine Lectures on Bees: Lecture VII
- Sun, and the Sun needs approximately the same time to revolve once
- upon its own axis as the worker-bee needs to come to maturity. The
- interest that the bee should have need of this poison within her. The
- bee does not merely need it in order to be able to sting; that is
- merely incidental. The bee needs the poison throughout its whole
- waxen cells, then I must say that the bee gathers what is needed from
- need in the way of harder substances from the bark or rind of trees.
- selecting what they need from the hardened core and carrying it away
- need for building their cells, but it is at the same time, thinner
- the pure juices of the flowers suffice for food; the wasps need both
- the flowers it still needs this substance from the little cow-stalls,
- Title: Nine Lectures on Bees: Lecture VIII
- need. Sometimes however, it happens that these creatures do nct first
- saves the labour that would be needed to heap up a hillock. The small
- ants manage to provide themselves with all they need in a very fine
- gentlemen, what the flowers need, what they actually need, is a substance
- which has need of it. This substance is formic acid.
- also have in their bodies this substance that the human body needs.
- semen in addition, but they none-the-less need what comes from these
- bringing to the flowers the formic acid they need, and at the
- Title: Nine Lectures on Bees: Lecture IX
- the head. The soul needs this transformation in man of the oxalic
- always needed as the right basis for the soul and spirit. When the
- longer find the formic acid it needs: so too, the older bees
- Title: Cosmic Workings: Lecture IV
- can literally bellow when he is talking, you need not worry whether
- is lacking. Man's need of iron for his free will is shown
- the fine yellow line. There need not be much sodium —
- salt. In our heads we need soda, with which we also bleach. In our
- stomachs we need ordinary salt. This is not only taken in with the
- capacity to produce chlorine. Man needs his own chlorine, not that
- with copper. If when there is a lack of chlorine one needs the Mars
- when the two cannot come together one needs to strengthen the working
- Title: Cosmic Workings: Lecture V
- Thus man breathes out what the plant needs, and the plant what man needs.
- night the plant does indeed need rather more oxygen. During the night
- things are rather different. The plant does not need as much oxygen
- as man, but it needs oxygen. Thus in the darkness it makes demands on
- that others need. So it is with plants, if one observes carefully. If
- no cambium is formed. But the plant needs cambium
- yet develop — the plant needs cambium and you will shortly hear
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: