Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures (by Bn/GA Number)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: nerthus
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Egyptian Myths: Lecture 8: The Stages of Evolution of the Human Form The Expulsion of the Animal Beings. The Four Human Types.
- as the myth of the goddess Nerthus (Hertha), who descended every year
- Nerthus is thought of (as is often done today) as a phantom of the
- on some island. It has been believed that the Nerthus shrine could be
- There are much deeper things in this myth. Nerthus is the transitional
- Nerthus, who dives down into a shadowy consciousness, perceives her
- Nerthus image, which dived down into the sea of passion, and it was
- here described was known in certain regions, the Nerthus cult existed.
- Title: Mission/Volksseelen: Elfter Vortrag
- Erzählung verstehen, die Tacitus von der Göttin Nerthus gibt,
- Göttin Nerthus wird über die Gewässer gefahren.
- Nerthus-Mythus zugrunde liegt, und der in alledem sich erhalten hat,
- Njordr, der innerlich verwandt ist mit der Göttin Nerthus, ist
- Title: Mission/Folk-Souls (1929): Lecture 11
- Tacitus relates about the goddess Nerthus. The chariot of the goddess
- Nerthus was driven over the waters. That later on was preserved as a
- That is the mysterious occurrence underlying the Nerthus
- man. Njordr, who is inwardly related to the goddess Nerthus, is her
- Title: Mission/Folk-Souls (1970): 11. Nerthus, Freyja and Gerda.
- Nerthus, Freyja and Gerda.
- Nerthus, Freyja and Gerda.
- will understand the account Tacitus gives of the Goddess Nerthus
- He relates that the chariot of the Goddess Nerthus was driven over the
- spheres. That is the mystery underlying the Nerthus myth and it has
- who is intimately related to the Goddess Nerthus is her masculine
- Title: Karma of Untruthfulness I: Lecture Eight
- externally about the Ertha, or Nerthus saga is contained in the
- Ingaevones — ‘venerate Nerthus, Ertha, or Mother Earth
- Vanir, that the goddess later worshipped as Ertha or Nerthus would
- than purely female. Only later did a corruption lead to Nerthus
- Mary so, in ancient times, did Nerthus come in her chariot to those
- symbolized in the worship of Nerthus. All of it was shrouded in the
- kind of secondary name for Nerthus, but that the name Ing, after whom
- Nerthus. Those connected with this Mystery centre called themselves
- visions which occurred in what was later mirrored in the Nerthus
- a meaning for the Anglo-Saxon rune song. For Nerthus and Ing are one
- across the waves of the clouds, just as Nerthus strode across the
- strongly developed there. What had lived in the old Nerthus Mystery
- connection with the ancient worship of Nerthus. In the future mankind
- incorporated in the worship of Nerthus differed from the way it was
- Nerthus lived, are also described in the Luke gospel. I can only
- Title: Karma of Untruthfulness I: Lecture Nine
- the worship of Nerthus, of Ertha. And the fact that the act of
- hinted at in the Nerthus myth told by Tacitus a hundred years after
- male-female, not only female, for she is the same as the god Nerthus
- myth of Nerthus, we have in the feeling-life an echo of something
- experienced astrally. Nerthus processions were held in some districts
- people. Nerthus, which became Nört in the North, is one of the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: