Searching Rudolf Steiner Lectures (by Bn/GA Number)
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: unmusical
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Metamorphoses/Soul Two: Lecture 5: Sickness and Healing
- unmusical ear might have to go through experiences which would enable him to
- Title: Freedom/Immortality/Social: Lecture III: What Spiritual Science Has to Say About the Eternal Aspect of the Human Soul and the Nature of Freedom
- compared with the unmusical listening of single tones and the
- Title: The Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man: Lecture XI
- day condition to what whirs through it the whole night. To be unmusical
- Title: Manifestations of Karma: Lecture 6: The Relationships Between Karma and Accidents
- impressions, and because of an unmusical ear, he was unable to
- Title: Toward Imagination: Lecture 7: Toward Imagination
- is quite different from an unmusical one. I do not mean this as a criticism
- of unmusical people; it is simply a statement of fact. Those who look
- unmusical persons.
- and unmusical people. If you look for an answer in psychology, which
- Still, people are unmusical because in the previous incarnation they
- as though we were trying to become totally unmusical in the next incarnation.
- Title: Karma of Untruthfulness I: Lecture Three
- pragmatic, unsentimental, totally unmusical, inartistic, a robust and
- Title: Eurythmy as Visible Singing: Lecture 2: Experience and Gesture; the Intervals
- demand of the present age for ‘unmusical music’. It is apparent
- to me that unmusical music has its justification in our age. Fundamentally
- speaking, Wagner's music is unmusical.  And it is really necessary
- Title: Eurythmy as Visible Singing: Lecture 3: Melodic Movement; the Ensouling of the Three Dimensions through Pitch, Rhythm and Beat
- quite other than a basically unmusical, noisy conglomeration of quite
- to the unmusical realm. For through this the music is buried, through
- being. But today, because the world has become so unmusical, people
- Title: Eurythmy as Visible Singing: Lecture 4: The Progression of Musical Phrases; Swinging Over; the Bar Line
- element, to enrich music by the introduction of something unmusical.
- Title: Eurthmy as Visible Singing: Lecture 5: Choral Eurythmy
- from that moment onwards we become in a certain sense unmusical. The
- destroys that which is musical. Nature too is unmusical, and it is not
- unmusical, may be made musical once again by means of eurythmy, because
- Title: Eurythmy as Visible Singing: Lecture 6: The Sustained Note; the Rest; Discords
- could furnish proof of its unmusical nature, it has laid hold of a drastic
- unmusical. And the proof is given in that it has produced the film.
- The film is the clearest proof that those who like it are unmusical.
- more unmusical in the course of centuries. (I am speaking now of the
- Title: Study of Man: Lecture V
- the whole appeal to feeling in Wagner's art as unmusical. There are
- Title: Practical Course/Teachers: Lecture III: On the Plastically Formative Arts, Music, and Poetry
- unmusical child must be kept apart from all music and
- thoroughly false; even the most unmusical children should be
- But even the unmusical children should be there, developing
- sensitiveness, for you will notice that even in the unmusical
- considered at first to be unmusical.
- Title: Education: Lecture IX: Arithmetic, Geometry, History
- later from the earlier seems to him like so much unmusical strumming
- Title: Human Values in Education: Lecture VIII
- the world. Those who are unmusical understand nothing whatever
- Title: Boundaries of Natural Science: Lecture V
- the most unmusical of ideas — that of “the eternal recurrence
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: