Searching History of the Middle Ages
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: unfree
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of the Middle Ages: Lecture I: Celts, Teutons, and Slavs
- victors and vanquished, the contrast of free and unfree. From the
- by right. But another form of unfreedom, material
- unfreedom, has persisted. In ancient Greece, the oppressed, the
- vanquished, the slaves, were unfree. Unfree in ancient Rome were
- Middle Ages men were made unfree by physical force. None of these
- forms could be maintained; economic unfreedom alone persists.
- Title: History of the Middle Ages: Lecture III: The Impact of the Huns on the Germans
- were employed; a part of the population became slaves, or unfree.
- Title: History of the Middle Ages: Lecture V: Charlemagne and the Church
- free man and an unfree, paid partly to the family of the murdered
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: