Searching Greek and Germanic Mythology in the Light of Esotericism
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: cause
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture I - The Prometheus Saga
- of fire. Because of Zeus's anger Prometheus was chained to the
- caused Hephaestus, the god of the smiths, to make a statue of a woman.
- connected with warmth. Fire was also understood to be the cause of
- lightning. Fire was the comprehensive expression for the causes of all
- the original relationship with the external ethers and because of this
- he controlled the Prana of the outer world. Because man has risen to
- because man is chained to mineral nature, to Peter, to the rock, the
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture II - The Argonaut Saga and the Odyssey
- temptation, but that Odysseus caused himself to be bound to his ship,
- who has had to withstand many dangers because of the suitors who beset
- because she has promised her hand to one of her suitors when the work
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture III - The Sigfried Saga
- folk; we call this the Spirit-race, because the import of the fifth
- him to possess, because he can guard it in a suitable way.
- so says the Siegfried saga because it still lacks
- Christianity, because the place where the Cross has to rest is still
- wooing Attila's following to her cause. She becomes Attila's wife.
- plane. The northern saga-world is so interesting because it expresses
- steeped in tragedy. Because this northern culture is coming to an end
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture IV - The Trojan War
- any trace of kama to enter into the guidance of the world. Kama caused
- separation, caused beings to turn against one another. Earlier, too,
- due to kama-manas, but happened because men were not advanced enough
- because the stage had not yet been reached when the union of manas
- into human nature. By so doing she was the sole cause of the first war
- because the decision is made from the standpoint of the physical
- Kundalini fire. And because it emerges in veiled form as premonition,
- secret, because they reveal not only the great events of the past, but
- what is to happen in the future Anyone doing this causes utter
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: