Searching Greek and Germanic Mythology in the Light of Esotericism
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: present
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Greek and Germanic Mythology in the Light of Esotericism: Editorial Note
- to which the present-day reader is accustomed, will be found in the
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture I - The Prometheus Saga
- himself humanity's representative. He devised a plan to give men the
- story was told in Greece as genuine saga; but it was also represented
- saga. And Prometheus is none other than the representative of the
- the structure of the digestive organs, represented by the stomach. If
- feet. This humanity of the fifth root-race is represented by
- you that Odin represents what took place in the Druid Mysteries, so in
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture II - The Argonaut Saga and the Odyssey
- makes up our present-day culture, began in the fifth Atlantean period
- from the third to the fourth culture-epoch of our present root-race.
- animals. This was the picture which the Turanians presented when they
- Then a still more important moment of human evolution was represented
- a seven-year testing period, and this is represented by the sojourn
- house by Pallas Athene. In all esotericism the soul is represented as
- long journey of the human race. Odysseus is the representative of the
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture III - The Sigfried Saga
- Before our present root-race there were four others; we are in the
- fifth. The first sub-race of the present race consists of the Indian
- Roman peoples, whose first representatives are mainly to be found in
- Christianity. Nibelung treasure represents earthly property. It is
- an initiate who represents the highest streams of spiritual life, but,
- have to be overcome. Hence the struggles that followed are represented
- belonged to an earlier culture, and who were represented by Hagen, had
- includes not only initiation into truths of the present, but also into
- Title: Lecture: Greek and Germanic Mythology: Lecture IV - The Trojan War
- Since there are some newcomers present to-day, I should like briefly
- the culture of the present stage of evolution, which will be replaced
- The saga of the Trojan War is a representation of the spread of
- Hellenism; it is the mythical presentation of an esoteric truth, the
- probably know that matter is always represented by water I need only
- represented by his marriage with the goddess Thetis the
- present at the marriage of Peleus with the sea-goddess Thetis
- sphere of the present-day conscious mind; in the fifth sub-race this
- representative of the old Trojan priesthood.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: