Searching Foundations of Esotericism
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: carbon
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Foundations of Esotericism: Notes
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture IV
- carbonic acid. The animals do this also. Now if this were simply to
- continue, the air would soon be quite full of carbonic acid. But the
- plants assimilate carbonic acid and breathe out oxygen. Animals and
- men cannot live without plants. Now carbonic acid consists of carbon
- and oxygen. The plants retain the carbon and breathe out the oxygen.
- processes transforms it into carbonic acid by uniting it with carbon.
- The plants build up their bodily form out of the carbon which they
- now carried out by the plant. As the plant takes in carbonic acid and
- builds up its body from the carbon, so the human being of the Fifth
- process of transforming carbon, which the plant now carries out
- into carbon. That is the true alchemy. Carbon is the Philosopher's
- carbon; it will then be like a soft diamond. Then one will no longer
- Title: Lecture: Foundations of Esotericism: Lecture XXIX
- makes use of carbon for itself and breathes out oxygen, thereby
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: