Searching Life Between Death and Rebirth
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: self
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Life Between ... Back Cover
- titles) will find himself faced with one of the greatest thinkers of
- Title: Life Between ... Other Books by the Same Author
- thought understands itself properly, it is led to the ancient
- Title: Life Between ... I: Investigations Into Life Between Death and Rebirth 1
- impressions, and since it identifies itself with these impressions it
- presence of this visionary world, namely, to say to oneself that to
- begin with one can only learn certain things about oneself from these
- One cannot free oneself from the impression one gains in observing
- entry into the spiritual world that one should free oneself from all
- manifests itself in a wide variety of degrees until we reach the
- other words, in order to philosophize he went out of himself. Today
- man looks inward, into himself, and only there, when he finds the
- seeks to find the divine spark ever more in himself. We have seen
- This is the reason why the more man seeks the divine within himself,
- even greater obstacles for itself in its cloud of visions than during
- himself to this particular point. At this moment every soul who has
- Title: Life Between ... II: Investigations Into Life Between Death and Rebirth 2
- and later the connection can only be recalled by relating oneself to
- At this stage one feels oneself drawing away from the earth. The
- formed itself karmically during that life, appears before the soul.
- into himself the after-effects of his life on earth. During the
- has to establish himself in earthly existence. Now consider the life
- refer what you experience outside in the spirit to yourself. You
- would also have to refer the being of God to yourself, to let it be
- Title: Life Between ... III: Mans Journey Through the Planetary Spheres
- could not think, I picture this to myself; no feeling of which
- of himself, is brought nearer to a knowledge of self. Of course, it
- that makes him aware of himself. You will have to conclude that a
- world outside did not make him aware of himself. The fact that there
- is a world external to himself makes possible the unfolding of
- are objects outside himself. In other words, he separates himself
- no knowledge of itself, not, at least, in the world in which we live!
- came down to earth to a new incarnation you yourself were in those
- in this world of stars. When you practice self-knowledge you can
- But if one asks oneself, “How does there enter into me that
- something himself in order that his etheric body may be built up
- itself. For it is out of the Sun sphere that our etheric body must
- fact that it did not limit itself to one people and one epoch.
- principle in himself, who looks for the Christ principle in a
- Christ impulse, this impulse itself will eventually enable all men on
- will achieve over the whole earth. The Christ impulse itself must
- and its value determined by life itself, and it will establish itself
- myself the forces given to me by a whole universe, the better human
- Title: Life Between ... IV: Recent Results of Occult Investigation Into Life
- myself more intimately again with an important aspect of occultism,
- world but which does not yet reveal itself in a marked way. I refer
- oneself, but love it because it is in the world irrespective of
- thought it will lead most certainly to selflessness. Such moods of
- the gate of death, where does he feel himself to be?” One can
- an initiate or of a person after death, is one of feeling oneself
- Although I have concerned myself a great deal with Homer, yet a
- he remained behind and severed himself from the stream of cosmic
- transforms itself in the passage from Mars to Jupiter as orchestral
- Transfer yourself into the spiritual world as if you could behold it.
- Title: Life Between ... V: Life Between Death and Rebirth 1
- on earth. This, to begin with, clothes itself in our vision. The
- being locks himself up within his own prison. It is a fact that the
- a fact that presents itself to occult observation as the consequence
- prepare himself for entering the Sun sphere while still on earth
- because community does not arise there of itself. This is also an
- essence that is contained in Christianity itself.
- has contracted to the minutest dimensions, but has drawn into itself
- the forces of the wide expanse of the whole cosmos unites itself with
- himself into the cosmos, and thus a balance is established in the
- itself is concerned, the connection that is experienced with the
- I have occupied myself a great deal with Homer. Lately the fact that
- Suppose one immerses oneself in everything one sees, in every gesture
- gesture, every movement of the limbs, one asks oneself how an artist
- himself with universal love, a general love for humanity. But what is
- Title: Life Between ... VI: Life Between Death and Rebirth 2
- after death in the kamaloca period, a man finds himself in the
- It expresses itself as it did on earth. One can readily imagine that
- Indeed, he hardly ever lives himself out fully as a conscious being
- himself. It may happen that out of prejudice, indolence or for some
- consciousness. Moreover, the soul frequently tries to delude itself
- would have become an anthroposophist himself at some time if his
- therefore good to make oneself familiar with the truths of spiritual
- nature directs itself according to spiritual-scientific
- Title: Life Between ... VII: The Working of Karma in Life After Death
- nevertheless not find himself completely alone, but will find other
- truly himself. A person may have brought himself to hate spiritual
- not concern himself with spiritual science. The one who remains
- who remains behind concerns himself with thoughts of a spiritual
- materialism. Consider how their union will take hold of life itself!
- egoism. Religiously it is more selfless than the Eastern religions.
- descended from the Sun and united Himself with the earth. We have to
- the cosmic expanse has concentrated itself again in an embryo borne
- We have yet another mystery. Man has gathered himself together,
- I have concerned myself a great deal with Homer. Last summer during
- particular passage, I had to say to myself that the Greeks called
- the spirit in which the study itself takes on the nature of a prayer.
- science will be abler to transform itself into a true spiritual life
- Title: Life Between ... VIII: Between Death and a New Birth
- reverse, is such an instance. One has but to concern oneself
- never concerned myself about what might happen afterwards, but since
- and this has led me to occupy myself with spiritual science.”
- himself that all this is nonsense may, in the depths of his soul of
- substrata love can express itself as hate. One does find such cases
- The question presents itself as to whether or not the dead are able
- yourself the feelings of this man. He did not sail, and then he heard
- When a person begins to concern himself with spiritual science he
- Christ as the Sun Spirit. The ego has emancipated itself from the light
- united himself with the earth, every individual who has united himself
- spiritual world. The more a person has opened himself to receive a
- One will accustom oneself to listen to how things are expressed. In
- spiritualized himself. This will give you a basis for a correct
- Title: Life Between ... IX: Life After Death
- and children. This expressed itself approximately in the following
- If the man I referred to had occupied himself with spiritual science
- world spiritually dumb, lacking the capacity to open itself rightly.
- rises up out of my own self. It is akin to a headache in the physical
- world, except that the pain is experienced inwardly. I am myself the
- other. He does not know that he himself is the cause of what comes to
- brought it on yourself!”
- that he himself has created the appropriate conditions.
- that manifests itself on earth in this or that artistic form, that
- is capable has been extinguished, how he has lowered himself. Such a
- when he has surrounded himself with a physical body either to receive
- the spiritual world into himself, to participate in spiritual life,
- world around him, or to dull himself. Such souls have dulled
- maintain, however, that he wants to obliterate himself from the
- oneself in this way is not destruction. It merely represents an
- extinguishing of oneself in relation to the surrounding world.
- Although one is nevertheless there for oneself. To extinguish oneself
- oneself from the spiritual world.
- You may well make use of the following picture. Let it impress itself
- Title: Life Between ... X: Anthroposophy as the Quickener of Feeling and of Life
- this in itself is sufficient for him to feel it a duty to work
- who has been left behind on earth occupies himself with knowledge of
- those he has left behind because that family has not connected itself
- make himself perceptible to your soul. You may have the feeling,
- of being.” This feeling grows as one occupies oneself with
- husband or a wife. The more the one feels the urge to connect himself
- this form in consciousness, but it need not be so in the soul itself.
- However much one has stupefied oneself and slandered spiritual
- now the living can imagine himself in the presence of the dead, and
- nevertheless be able to perceive the living one who occupies himself
- not anthroposophists, has proved itself to be particularly beautiful.
- It has shown itself to be a special service and one of the greatest
- Although the seer must have accustomed himself to a certain
- orient oneself down here. Here we have yet another fact that makes it
- reveals itself of special importance. It is also of importance for
- death gradually fulfills itself. In reality we slowly die from birth
- experience, to awaken it vividly within oneself. Such a striving can
- Title: Life Between ... XI: The Mission of Earthly Life as a Transitional Stage for the Beyond
- dulled himself toward the spiritual world in one incarnation, he will
- be even less able in a following life to prepare organs for himself.
- calculating; above all it will be permeated by selfishness, by
- egoism. This manifests itself to the seer in many instances where
- people are clever but actually cold and selfish in their activity.
- Christ impulse and permeates himself with it, he can nevertheless
- impulse into himself, who wished to know nothing of it, will not have
- that it is unnecessary to concern oneself with the beyond during
- it does not repeat itself in other realms. The creative powers have
- that the anthroposophist who remains behind on earth concerns himself
- This also enables one to connect oneself earnestly and worthily to
- Title: Life Between ... XII: Life Between Death and Rebirth 1
- bring with him the forces which, once he has connected himself with
- that a person who has failed to occupy himself with higher worlds,
- has dulled himself to the super-sensible world in a previous
- endowed with a selfish intellect that seeks only its own advantage.
- cleverness at the service of their own selfish motives are mostly
- only a selfish intellect, an egoistic intelligence. We are able to
- trace the path of such individuals precisely because selfish
- the soul who in our time willfully shuts himself off from
- decide to do something himself in order to become a servant of human
- direction. If, however, his karma fulfills itself so that he dies
- to say to oneself that where a lack of wisdom appears in the universe
- Title: Life Between ... XIII: Life Between Death and Rebirth 2
- person has not available the means to rid himself of anxiety. From
- behind improves of itself or by circumstances. Therefore, if we do
- demands upon himself that his powers, even in respect of the outer
- human being passes through the gate of death he himself becomes an
- himself was a teacher in the mystery school. Among his pupils at that
- the man himself has first inscribed into these spheres.
- itself. Man in his totality is not an earth being, and his physical
- image of the cosmos in himself, not merely that of the earth. It is a
- Title: Life Between ... XIV: Further Facts About Life Between Death and Rebirth
- The man of whom we have spoken had not concerned himself in any way
- has to rid himself of the longing for his physical body. During this
- has a connection with itself. One sees one's own inner life
- return again and again to the earth if he would develop himself
- himself as if in a desert void of everything that is needed to
- In the depths of his soul, however, this can reveal itself as an all
- differently prepared if he does not again condemn himself to
- experiences himself as blind and dead in relation to everything that
- united everything within Himself.
- that one knows oneself to be spread out over a vast space. This
- One becomes ever smaller until one unites oneself again with the
- Title: Life Between ... XV: Intercourse With the Dead
- burdens itself the human soul could disappear in the course of
- within the plant, but life itself always eludes such scientific
- but nothing about life itself. The investigation of life is for the
- never death itself. Death does not exist in the realms beyond the
- He can enter these realms but he cannot annihilate himself because he
- know about oneself.
- essentially for himself. Such a being encounters difficulties after
- his own soul content. He is aware only of what lives within himself.
- completely dependent on himself because as human beings on earth we
- Here on earth man does not truly know himself. Science teaches us
- corpse. The brain thinks but it cannot think itself. We see a portion
- is only the outer aspect. On earth man does not live in himself. He
- himself. This is not meant trivially because it is truly a shattering
- fact that to behold only oneself through a number of centuries is not
- open wider vistas for the self after death. Earthly life is there so
- comes upon the fact that the departed soul links itself to ancestors
- soul disposition he alienates himself increasingly from other people.
- all men. That is why love of all humanity is self-evident to all men.
- That is why love of all humanity is self-evident to all moral people.
- throne was also there. Then He united Himself with the earth.
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Life Between ... XVI: Life After Death
- and unites itself as a tiny spirit-germ with the stream of heredity
- after death?” Not even himself as he is after death because he
- lacks a clear consciousness of self. The following will show us what
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: