Searching On the Mysteries of Ancient and Modern Times
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: stand
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: On the Mysteries of Ancient and Modern Times: Lecture 1
- humanity finally lost the last vestiges of an understanding
- an ancient Mystery-wisdom. To understand, however, even in an
- To understand
- understanding of the Mysteries was completely lost to
- dealt to the understanding of the Mysteries, is entitled
- materialism. To understand the root-nerve of the 19th
- understand the texture of modern life. It lies not in the
- Title: On the Mysteries of Ancient and Modern Times: Lecture 2
- for us, namely, the complete misunderstanding of the
- of the two outstanding festivals of Christianity —
- would truly understand the working of events in history.
- age only desires, wherever possible, to understand the
- pillars of the Christian understanding of the world, —
- spiritual Trinity, must stand behind it, — the
- to understand the fundamental point. Goethe wanted the
- conception. In this sphere, too, rightly to understand Goethe
- understanding of man, of the whole man. For, as I told you in
- we have the task of understanding man, by a true grasp of
- ours stands most in need of the poet's word not finding
- Title: On the Mysteries of Ancient and Modern Times: Lecture 3
- say: over against what stands before man as the visible part
- understand. It is essentially Man himself — the
- Taurus the neck, and so on. Thereby, man stands in a certain
- stand as a microcosm in the macrocosm. In those olden times,
- standing side by side, without any bridge between them. Those
- stand side by side in the so-called civilisation of our time.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: