Searching East and West, and the Roman Church
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: europe
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: East and West, and the Roman Church: Lecture I
- appears within our own European world and sets out to consider the
- speak later. He considers our modern European civilisation from an
- what one may call a devastating criticism of modern European
- of view about the civilisation of modern Europe, and criticises, in
- a purely negative way, all that our modern Europe has to offer.
- European learning has something of a wretched spirit of servility.
- the European civilisation. Let us attempt for once to put before us
- the essential characteristics of this European civilisation. In
- civilisation are a characteristic of our European life in this
- back for a great part of what lives in this European civilisation
- the European is to be traced to this lack of soul, this passing
- misunderstood by the European in his whole feeling, and in
- assimilated something of the Western European civilisation and,
- European piracy and spirit of exploration. Nevertheless that
- perceives in what comes to him from Europe is practical piracy and
- Asiatic holds that the Europeans have gradually forgotten to carry
- civilisation. The Asiatic has the idea that Europeans no longer
- “What then has Europe
- sees how the European has reached the point of taking treasures
- that were formerly the very life of Europe but which only had
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: East and West, and the Roman Church: Lecture II
- lecture I pointed out to your how modern European civilisation
- world of modern European civilisation, the world which forms the
- order to be able to judge of European civilisation there is one
- come, they will only meet what is decadent in our European
- European Chinese element in close relation to itself; and it
- will therefore understand how the intellectuals in Europe run over
- in hosts to-day to that European Chinese element, for there they
- times, does not see what is pressing up out of modern European
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: