Searching The Younger Generation
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: thinking
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture I
- costume; then, with a sudden jump, they adopted a kind of thinking,
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture II
- intellect is the automatic momentum of thinking which continues long
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture III
- materialism affirm? It asserts that thinking is a product of the
- brain. Modern thinking is a product of the brain. That is just the
- secret — that modern thinking is a product of the brain. With
- regard to modern thinking, materialism is quite right, but it is not
- right about thinking as it was before the middle of the fifteenth
- alive. Modern concepts are dead. Modern thinking is clever, but
- were thinking — because thinking was a reality in the soul.
- People are made to believe that thinking was always as it is today.
- But modern thinking is a product of the brain; earlier thinking was
- fact that present-clay thinking is dependent upon the brain. Such is
- thinking which has evolved more and more since the fifteenth century
- preserved some of the older kind of thinking) has quite definite
- characteristics. The farther west we come the more does a thinking,
- nothing new; all he has is the old kind of thinking and it is
- at ease if he had to transfer himself into the thinking of the Vedas.
- That kind of thinking made one tingle and the Westerners love dead
- thinking, where one does not notice that one is thinking at all. The
- Worlds was such that it made living thinking, not dead thinking, a
- living human being, however, demands a living kind of thinking and
- logical, abstract thinking, but even living thinking. You must not
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture IV
- thinking of these ideals he can work up the juices in his stomach in
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture V
- statements were such that one might say: The thinking, which had been
- thinking. For in acts of pure thinking, this thinking goes straight
- thinking, by which I mean the unfolding of primary, original
- strike directly into the thinking itself. But the lightning-flash of
- call upon this pure thinking which becomes pure will; it arises as a
- intellectual thinking presents itself as dead. People naturally will
- thinking, out of which our whole modern civilization flows, bears the
- same relation to living thinking as the corpse to the living human
- thinking we have today is derived from the living thinking of an
- dead thinking must have originated in a living thinking which was
- thinking, and the receptacle of dead thinking.”
- being has a thinking not yet entirely dead; but in process of dying.
- It was only living thinking in pre-earthly existence. During the
- modern man, since the first third of the fifteenth century, thinking
- thinking. It was not always so in the evolution of mankind. If we go
- back before the fifteenth century, it becomes evident that thinking
- thinking which human beings today do not like because they feel as if
- the thinking in it, too, should take a peaceful course so that all
- thinking — that is just as if an ant-heap were let loose in
- to endure living thinking. I am not saying this in order to
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture VI
- be active during your stay here, many of you are thinking above all
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture VII
- third means to knowledge was what we might call thinking that aims at
- thinking that aims at synthesis.
- in thinking that aimed at synthesis and regarded what he was told by
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture VIII
- thinking about Nature has become an impossibility for later science.
- you only give yourself up to that passive thinking so specially loved today,
- to that popular god-forsaken thinking of even a previous incarnation.
- to bring activity into your thinking. You will never get on with
- activity in thinking is awakened does not flash up. Through this
- activity we must reconquer the divine nature of thinking.
- only able to think passively, finding active thinking impossible. But
- active thinking has no room for sleepy nor for intellectual dreaming.
- One must keep in step with it and get one's thinking on the
- move. The moment thinking is set in motion one goes with it. Then
- energy to bring activity into their thinking. It often drives one to
- despair. One often feels when demanding active thinking of anyone
- is how people appear who do not wish to bring activity into thinking,
- you have learnt to despise thinking, because it has met you only in
- its passive form. This, however, is only head-thinking in which the
- developing active thinking the whole human being in a way suited to
- world. For through active thinking we are able to bring force into
- our thinking — the force of a stout heart. If you do not seek
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture IX
- matters where a judgment formed by active thinking is necessary,
- and thinking and of letting beauty hold sway in their speaking.
- beings have not yet developed an active enough thinking to formulate
- which always remains passive, but the will which stirs thinking into
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture X
- without thinking. Everything just passes before them. They can remain
- play of forces must begin to move freely. Not before thinking moves
- are silent and only the activity of thinking is astir.
- flow of thoughts. What I called pure thinking in my Philosophy of
- moment when you have led thinking to a point where it need not be
- called thinking any longer, because in a twinkling — in the
- This rightly named pure thinking has at the same time become pure
- far in your life of soul that you have freed thinking from outer
- exercise in thinking only but also an exercise of the will, indeed an
- only now, for the first time, that you can speak of thinking, as it
- really have no right to speak of thinking as an activity of the head,
- so on. But now you feel inwardly that you are no longer thinking so
- artificially. You notice that as thinking becomes more and more an
- forth this thinking from the extremity of your big toe! And if with
- this pure thinking is, you will experience that a new man is born
- the moment pure thinking is experienced as will, man's attitude
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture XI
- ourselves from this kind of thinking, through developing what I spoke
- of yesterday. We must purify our thinking and mould it, into will. To
- this happens when we work our way through to pure thinking. I do not
- Whoever works his way through to pure thinking as I have described in
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture XII
- Today these ways of thinking are lacking, but only for a little more
- Title: Lecture: Younger Generation: Lecture XIII
- we must feel the full intensity of being surrounded by a thinking
- the human being? With the ideas the most advanced kind of thinking
- If we fill our soul with what our thinking has become through Nature,
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: