Searching The Easter Festival in relation to the Mysteries
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: image
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: Lecture: Festivals and The Mysteries. The Adonis Mystery. The Easter Thought
- peoples of Asia Minor. A sacred image was the central point of the
- festival. It was an image of Adonis Adonis as the spiritual
- substance of the image with what the image represented. The ancient
- human beings saw in the image the actual and present God the
- mourning, this image of the God was lowered into the waves of the sea,
- near the sacred place of the Mysteries, so that the image of the God
- deepest earnestness and stillness. After three days the image was
- on Earth the earthly eye is turned to the image of death for
- Mysteries is an image of what takes place in spiritual worlds, in the
- Cosmos. Sacred cult is itself an image of what is enacted in the
- were true images of what man experiences in the wide spaces of the
- the Initiates. Men no longer need an image that is immersed and
- or image of the God was lifted out again, the true believer
- beheld the image of the human soul a few days after death. What
- soul in the image of the resurrected God of youthful strength and
- order that the memory, unassisted by any image the inward
- Title: Lecture: The Moon-secret Spring and Autumn mysteries
- In the ancient Mysteries they used this image: When the forces of the
- Title: Lecture: The Mysteries of Ephesus The Aristotelian Categories
- the image of the Goddess they had a feeling, a sensation which grew
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: