Searching True and False Paths in Spiritual Investigation
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: self
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: True/False Paths: Contents
- Title: True/False Paths: Synopses of Contents
- world of the Great Illusion. “Know thyself” — the
- search for self-knowledge. From these two sources arose the quest for
- and spiritual self-control.
- psychic and spiritual self-control. The spiritual in the emanations
- attracts to itself something from an alien world, whilst the violet
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture One: Nature is the Great Illusion; Know Thyself
- IS THE GREAT ILLUSION“KNOW THYSELF”
- thyself!” — such is another ancient saying that comes
- ‘know thyself!’, from ancient Greece — there first
- however, only through life itself that man can come to terms with
- over can say to himself: ‘Such as is the outer world that you
- himself, should not assume that he and all that is impermanent
- intelligible lines, but through self-induced belief and nebulous
- the true self for a knowledge of the Great Illusion in the sense I
- oneself for a true, authentic approach to spiritual understanding,
- nebulous feelings about the true self and come to a clear perception
- injunction, ‘Know thyself!’ If we know only the self that
- your essential self, your true essence? The moment that the knowledge
- is reduced to silence. The injunction, “Know thyself, so that
- the spiritual human form within himself In sculpture, if he wished to
- injunction, “Know thyself,” and then he began to feel the
- standpoint of the “Know thyself” which is demanded for
- gap between the world of Maya and the “Know thyself” will
- was ignored by those to whom the spiritual was self-evident. We have
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Two: The Three Worlds and their Reflected Images
- yourself to be asleep, when dreams arise which are often so
- yourself like your fingers and toes. It all forms a single whole and
- self-consciousness which, in the spiritual world, resembles a human
- self-conscious lion-soul.
- self-consciousness wherever you go. You are at liberty to
- but we drag it down to Earth. The animal leaves something of itself
- “plant-men,” beings endowed with self-consciousness. And
- self-consciousness of animals is not to be found; at the same time we
- inhabit the astral world where their self-consciousness exists and
- bears these three worlds within himself. We feel to some extent the
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Three: Form and Substantiality of the Mineral Kingdom in Relation to the Levels of Consciousness in Man
- panic if we do not preserve our self-control, the necessary presence
- fashioned, is a little world unto itself.
- unto itself. Then, from an examination of the dodekahedron, we
- world unto itself. As human beings here on Earth, we conclude
- shall be invested with a spirit of selfless service proceeding from
- the heart and soul of man. And this selfless service will be rewarded
- gravity of my own being now lies within myself.
- and remain self-reliant, we can say: a spark of the divine is within
- we have the courage to be self-sufficient, to stand on our own feet.
- man himself.
- metal itself, so that we become, as it were, inwardly merged with
- consciousness, we are sensible of having transcended our former self;
- upwards far out into the universe. The universe reveals itself solely
- concentrate on the manner in which a divine being manifests himself
- implications, for we can say to ourselves: the normal self, the
- consciousness man transforms himself. We cannot penetrate into other
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Four: The Secret of Investigation into Other Realms through the Metamorphosis of Consciousness
- present intellectuality. Thoughts were not self-generated as today,
- took on added warmth, because he himself had generated warmth in his
- self-confidence, for example, and exercises in concentration upon
- a Being of infinite grandeur was at work, who revealed herself in the
- might have spoken of the Goddess Natura who manifests herself in the
- when he saw Proserpina-Persephoneia herself, in her aspect of radiant
- behold yourself and remember that a whole universe lives and stirs
- look back upon your microcosmic self.
- someone were to remain awake for a longer period than yourself, then,
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Five: The Inner Vitalization of the Soul through the Qualities of the Metallic Nature
- before birth. He can do this for himself and others, but he cannot
- back upon itself in man is of importance only for the life between
- death. Quicksilver attracts to itself everything that can
- temperament that manifests itself physically in the circulation
- concentrates within himself those forces which are responsible
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Six: Initiation-Knowledge, Waking Consciousness and Dream Consciousness
- member of the human organization is the Ego itself. We perceive the
- within himself, but what is happening in the spiritual world outside
- and clairaudience, he finds himself in a continual state of conflict
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Seven: Knowledge of the World of Stars. Differentiation of the Historical Epochs of Mankind and their Spiritual Background
- upon us. Raphael himself, who was never incarnated in a physical
- impresses itself strongly in the physical body. In the case of these
- phantom of the man himself. We then witness those phenomena where the
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Eight: Potential Aberrations in Spiritual Investigation
- world proper to it and attracts to itself nothing from a world that
- itself something from an alien world; it assimilates something
- spectator rôle is not in itself harmful, for the essence of the
- the motor car, but not the construction of the car itself. We cannot
- into the future that which man himself is unable to transmit from one
- technical achievements of civilization which man himself cannot carry
- yourself into the state of consciousness of which I have spoken, you
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Nine: Abnormal Paths into the Spiritual World and their Transformation
- over himself because he is no longer firmly anchored.
- arises. Though I express myself figuratively you will understand my
- the years 1906 to 1909 when I first steeped myself in modern
- therefore surrenders himself in a dreamlike state to his inner
- condition itself is normal. For the ability to move about, to seize
- take himself firmly in hand so that he maintains full
- detached from the physical world, he would begin to give himself airs
- on himself in order to preserve full consciousness as he passes
- should put myself at their disposal in their laboratories in order
- genuine Initiation-medicine, which itself is an Initiation-natural
- written by Dr. Wegman and myself will indicate the steps that
- evidence of how the spirit operates and reveals itself in matter.
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Ten: Influences of the Extra-Terrestrial Cosmos Upon the Consciousness of Man
- which he now bears within himself until the moment of waking.
- stability and self-control are essential for the acquisition of
- of the strengthened inner Moon nature, from dissociating itself from
- day without, within himself he bears the night. In the daytime there
- experiences arise in the day consciousness, then he finds himself on
- orientation which must be sought in the spiritual world itself. All
- with their counterpart in the spiritual world itself.
- experienced by man himself. Why is this so?
- Title: True/False Paths: Lecture Eleven: What is the Position in Respect of Spiritual Investigation and the Understanding of Spiritual Investigation?
- if I cannot look into that world myself? I should like, therefore, to
- spiritual world oneself. It is essential to distinguish, especially
- oneself, one still believes in them. This boundless credulity is
- it for myself?” is to encourage yet another of the errors
- itself however moves freely in space like the stars which mutually
- inwardly permeated with spirit. If music allows itself to be inspired
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: