Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: cross
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- 52. Fra Angelico: Descent from the Cross. (Academy.
- of the soul. And now, coming across from Central and Eastern
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- 41. Raphael. Christ carrying the Cross
- 41a. Dürer. Cross. Large Passion Woodcut.
- 41b. Dürer. Cross. Small Passion Woodcut.
- fearing neither Death nor the Devil that stand across his path. He
- opposite her, perhaps, St. John, a great Cross with the Christ in
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- Cross. Study the face of Adam, how he is touched by the influence
- Blood of the Redeemer flowing from the Cross. You will realise with
- Cross. God the Father descends with the Dove, setting His seal upon
- Basel — “Christ on the Cross.”
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- 509. Descent from the Cross. (Alte Pinakothek.
- 558. Descent From the Cross
- 566. The Three Crosses
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- 18. Rogier van der Weyden. Descent from the Cross. (Berlin.)
- 19. Rogier van der Weyden. Descent from the Cross. (Prado.
- 45. Hieronymus Bosch. Descent from the Cross.
- 46. Hieronymus Bosch. Christ carrying the Cross.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- 43. Dürer. Christ on the Cross. (Woodcut)
- Saints across the Sea, as it is called. Look in the foreground (although
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- of the Greek Art. It was carried across to Rome, but it was soon submerged
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: