Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: julius
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- "https://www.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA292/English/UNK1981/images/HA01-073_JuliusII.jpg" align=
- 73. Raphael: Pope Julius II. (Uffizi. Florence.)
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- instance, under an Alexander VI, a Julius II or a Leo X. If, on the
- by Pope Julius to decorate the Sistine Chapel, now in a far fuller sense
- for the monument of Pope Julius; for, in fact, this was never finished,
- Julius II, whose character undoubtedly contained a certain greatness,
- the Creation of the World for Pope Julius. We see the dominion of the
- Gorgias in Rome replaced by Pope Julius, and then by the Medici, Leo
- X. In this connection we must realise that Pope Julius II, although
- about Christian Art. Pope Julius, who replaced the political Borgia
- of spiritual Rome. Of Julius II we must not fail to realise that he
- and were fundamentally different in spirit from Julius II and even from
- to feel Pope Alexander VI, or his son Caesar Borgia, or Julius II, as
- of St. Peter, according to the desires of Pope Julius. Under the influence
- from the whole complex which Raphael did for Pope Julius II in order
- of Popes — Alexander VI, Borgia, Julius II, Leo X, — men
- was concerned. Julius II was an extraordinary man, inclined to every
- 101. Pope Julius II. (Uffizi. Florence.)
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- 552. The Banquet of Julius Civilis or The leader of
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: