Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: madonna
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- person of the Redeemer Himself, or the Madonna, the angelic
- his pictures of the Madonna. Such, gazing down into this earthly
- 1. Cimabue: Madonna with Angels and Prophets. (Academy,
- 2. Cimabue: Madonna (Detail)
- picture of the Madonna. This, then, is what we have of
- 3. Cimabue: Madonna Rucellai. (Santa Maria Novella,
- 5. Giotto: Madonna enthroned. (Alter-piece, Santa Croce,
- 13. Giotto: Joachim and the Shepherds. (Capella Madonna,
- 14. Giotto: The Visitation. (Capella Madonna dell' Arena,
- 15. Giotto: Marriage of the Virgin. (Capella Madonna
- 16. Giotto: The Baptism of Christ. (Capella Madonna dell'
- 17. Giotto: Justice and Injustice. (Capella Madonna dell'
- 24. Giotto: The Resurrection of Christ. (Capella Madonna
- 25. Giotto: The Crowning with Thorns. (Capella Madonna
- 26. Giotto: The Last Supper. (Capella Madonna dell' Arena,
- 28. Giotto: Madonna. (Academy, Florence.)
- directly after this Madonna by Giotto, the Madonna by Cimabue
- 29. Cimabue: Madonna enthroned. (Academy, Florence.)
- Maximum number of matches per file exceeded.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- 11. Madonna Litta. (St. Petersburg.)
- 15. Madonna of the Grotto. (Paris.)
- 27. Madonna of the Staircase. (Casa Buonarotti. Florence.)
- 29. Madonna. (Bas-Relief.) (Museo Nazionale. Florence.)
- 30. Madonna. (Cathedral. Bruges.)
- more than the artistic quality as such have often said that the Madonna,
- that owing to her virgin nature the Madonna never assumed the features of
- 62. Madonna. (San Lorenzo. Florence.)
- 76. Madonna with the Jesus-Children. (Madonna Terranuove. Berlin. )
- us a number of Raphael's pictures of the Madonna and of the sacred legend.
- These — especially the Madonnas — are the works of Raphael
- 77. Madonna Tempi. (Munich.)
- 78. Madonna in Green. (Vienna.)
- 79. Madonna of the Goldfinch. (Uffizi. Florence.)
- 80. The Holy Family: Madonna Canigiani. (Munich.)
- 83. Madonna Alba. (Eremitage. St. Petersburg.)
- These are the Madonnas which
- 89. Madonna da Fogligno. (Rome.)
- 95. The Holy Family: Madonna under the oak. (Prado. Madrid.)
- 96. Sistine Madonna. (Dresden.)
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- 16. Madonna of the Sweet Pea. (Museum at
- 19. Madonna of the Violet. (Museum at
- “Madonna of the Sweet Pea” — had died about 1410.
- 20. Stephen Lochner. Madonna amid the
- looks down on the Madonna and the Child. See how every angel does
- 21. Martin Schongauer. Madonna im Rosenhag.
- purest Reformation mood, although it is a Madonna, — it is the mood
- 35. Lucas Cranach. Madonna. (In the Cathedral at
- 59. Holbein. Madonna of the Burgomaster Mayer.
- worshipping the Madonna. This picture is in Darmstadt. There is a
- 60. Madonna. (Nuremberg.)
- Madonna, which is in Nuremburg, reveals to perfection what the
- feeling. It is by an unknown artist. You must imagine this Madonna,
- the center; for this Madonna of Nuremberg belongs undoubtedly to a
- in the Madonnas which we showed today will be found again in this
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- We need only call to mind the portraits, the Madonnas, for
- instance, of Van Eyck. These Madonnas — their facial
- 25. The Madonna. (Dijon also.)
- see the Art of individual characterisation. Compare this Madonna
- middle of the 15th century. The next is a Madonna, by the same
- 35. Madonna. (Pfarrerkirche. Starzing.)
- 47. Til Riemenschneider. Madonna and Child.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- 11. Jan van Eyck. Madonna. (At Bruges.)
- in 1436. You will admire the tenderness of expression in the Madonna, no
- 20. Rogier van der Weyden. St. Luke painting the Madonna.
- 34. Hans Memling, Madonna Enthroned. (Uffizi. Florence.)
- 41. Gerard David. Madonna and Christ, with Angels. (Rouen.)
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- 53. Correggio. Madonna della Scodella. (Parma)
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- for a moment from this aspect of the Madonna della Sedia, — how
- this theme: The Birth of Christ Jesus in connection with the Madonna,
- the Madonna with the Jesus Child — in its impression on the human
- 1. Raphael. Madonna With Child.
- also think of the Sistine Madonna, even as we have now spoken of the
- Madonna della Sedia. Again we should have to say: What is here placed
- great world-conception, the Sistine Madonna is, indeed, unthinkable.
- 2. Raphael. Sistine Madonna With Child
- 3. Raphael. Sistine Madonna With Child (detail)
- Vatican and the two Madonnas. And finally, four years after this, at the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- And two Madonnas from him:
- 51. Giovanni Pisano. Madonnas. (Berlin and
- 59. Luca della Robbia. Madonna in the Bower of Roses.
- 61. Madonna (della Cintola Fojano). Andrea della Robbia.
- The Madonna is shown in
- 73. Donatello. Madonna Pazzi. (Berlin.)
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: