Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: sistine
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- by Pope Julius to decorate the Sistine Chapel, now in a far fuller sense
- on the other hand, that in the works of Michelangelo in the Sistine
- 34. Separation of Light from Darkness. (Sistine Chapel. Rome.)
- We now come to the Sistine
- 35. Creation of Sun, Moon and Earth. (Sistine Chapel. Rome.)
- 36. Creation of the Animals. (Sistine Chapel. Rome.)
- the Last Judgment — the altar-piece for the Sistine Chapel. The
- 65. Head of Christ. (Detail from the Last Judgment. Sistine Chapel.)
- 68. Group of the Damned. (Sistine Chapel – Rome, Vatican.)
- 96. Sistine Madonna. (Dresden.)
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- observe Michelangelo's wonderful foreshortenings in the Sistine
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- also think of the Sistine Madonna, even as we have now spoken of the
- great world-conception, the Sistine Madonna is, indeed, unthinkable.
- 2. Raphael. Sistine Madonna With Child
- 3. Raphael. Sistine Madonna With Child (detail)
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: