Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: background
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- born of an imagination, in the background of which was still a
- In the background, as you can still see by these pictures, is the
- background work upon them, they had the feeling of a mighty
- background whose splendour, inspired by oriental fancy, had
- idea comes to expression here: in the background the mighty
- background, and it was as though the object now were to
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- most wonderful works, in the Medici Chapel. But in the background of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- kind of introduction, indicating the historic background of the artist's
- Michelangelo, Raphael and others — to reveal the background of his
- him to grasp. The figures merely stand there as a background; the real
- into the background, and all painting becomes for him a problem of light
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- enthroned in the background of the picture. His subjects, in the
- other figures which are farther back, if a figure in the background
- background and all that was expressed in it — ceases to exist.
- background of the figures, or in some other way.
- architecture in the background. To represent the Waters of Life, the Well
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- the background of a great world-conception. Without this background of a
- background. Hence Raphael's work is so strongly separated from his
- background of great world-perspectives. He is only conceivable if we
- hand, we feel in the background, as it were, the aura of the life of
- stand before us with any cosmic perspectives in the background. It is,
- — and yet the picture does not really recede towards the background.
- crowd of people standing in the background. Look at the faces. Considering
- succeeds in making any real distinction between foreground and background.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: