Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: beginning
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- of Christianity, and the following centuries until the beginning
- see, beginning with Giotto's pictures, the faithful portrayal of
- shall have before us a series of Giotto's pictures, beginning
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- were living, at the beginning of the 5th post-Atlantean age. Leonardo
- I still remember with a shudder how at the beginning of the theosophical
- only remember that at the end of the 15th and beginning of the 16th
- life-periods. As a young man, when his career was only just beginning,
- at the beginning of his career the mercantile spirit of the Medici had
- been known to him as Christianity. It was the beginning of Jesuitical
- place in Florence at the beginning of the 16th century, while under
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- beginning — once more, a fresh creation from within. He came
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- the centuries until the 12th — nay, the beginning of the
- First we will show some wood-sculptures from the very beginning of
- beginning of the 14th century. Compare this with Michelangelo's
- the beginning of the 16th century.
- who worked in Dürer's workshop at the beginning of the 16th
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- to feel this very strongly about the end of the eighties and the beginnings
- made a brave beginning. “Look,” he said, “look what
- beginning of the Fifth post-Atlantean epoch in the fullest sense of the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- at the beginning of the four-year period which dominated all his work.
- or beginning of the 16th century.
- the 15th and beginning of the 16th century. One question cannot but
- notably the Southern German Art — at the beginning of the 15th
- There is a decided beginning of Naturalism. He tries to be naturalistic
- Laws of Space that came from the South. But you see the beginnings of
- characteristics emerge even at the very beginning of the evolution of such
- Multscher we see the actual beginnings of German Art. There are others,
- beginning of what emerged with real greatness in the pictures of a
- beginnings, and that produced Dürer and Holbein and the others,
- the possibilities that lie inherent in the beginnings of this stream
- beginning, this has been attempted in our (Goetheanum) Building. For
- this is, after all, a beginning of new artistic impulses. Naturally,
- there is something primitive about every new beginning; but we have
- — we find it not only in the primitive beginnings of this art; we
- beginnings of what will now work its way — not merely into this
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: