Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: birth
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- time, let us say, of Dante's birth. For external history, what
- impulses by the time of Dante's birth. We see them, as it were,
- 36. Giotto: Birth and Naming of John the Baptist. (Santa
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- 22. Martin Schongauer. The Birth of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- Southern aristocratic element. The life of the burghers gives birth
- 24. Petrus Christi. The Birth of Christ
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- relate especially to the birth of Christ Jesus, the Adoration by the
- pictures relating more especially to the Birth of Christ. Then we shall
- connected with all that related to the Birth of Jesus —
- of the East came to the birthplace of Christ Jesus, led by the Star which
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- this theme: The Birth of Christ Jesus in connection with the Madonna,
- of the Birth of Christ. Once again there is really nothing of those
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- the last century before the birth of Christ. We come to the School of
- as he was in the contemplation of the Antique, in its rebirth. Brunelleschi
- which also gave birth to Michelangelo.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: