Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: born
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- born of an imagination, in the background of which was still a
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- was born in 1452, Michelangelo in 1475 and Raphael in 1483; Leonardo
- in the Pieta in the Vatican a work which in the last resort is born
- is borne, as it were, upon the waves of time, and bears into the evolution
- was born, first had to grow young. Only now there comes the time when
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- Shakespeare's figures are certainly born out of the Northern
- the history of Art, comes upon the scene. Born in 1471, he died in
- The picture grows into a composition born out of the very movement.
- In the Southern impulse you have composition born of restfulness;
- truly born out of the whole spirit of the age — a conception
- thoroughly medieval room. The composition is born purely out of the
- Holbein, an artist essentially different from Dürer. Born in
- born, if you take such pictures as his ‘St. Jerome,’ his
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- and borne by fancy into the realm of Art.
- time when Michelangelo and Raphael were born. The next picture,
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- Rembrandt was born in 1606;
- him is only that which is born, as it were, out of the light and the
- out of light and shade. The colors are everywhere born out of the light
- shade. This must always be borne in mind.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- the Spiritual Soul was not yet so consciously born as afterwards. The
- Truly, this corresponds to the age when the Spiritual Soul is born —
- feel that everything is born out of an elemental inner need. Here, on
- This artist was born at
- born in 1400; he came from Holland. Hitherto, we may say, we have had
- sphere of the peasantry. His works are born of the elemental simplicity
- I refer to Pieter Brueghel — born in 1525.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- the spatial working of the light itself. Space is born, as it were,
- works we have a true artistic impulse, born out of the very nature of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- who was born in 1386. In him we observe the influence of the Antique
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: