Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: child
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- conception of the Jesus child. We have before us human beings,
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- 76. Madonna with the Jesus-Children. (Madonna Terranuove. Berlin. )
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- looks down on the Madonna and the Child. See how every angel does
- 32. Lucas Cranach. Virgin and Child. (Darmstadt.)
- both of Mother and Child, and you will see that this is so.
- 47. Dürer. Adoration of the Child.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- and Child of Sluter's with the next picture (Moses) and realise the
- 47. Til Riemenschneider. Madonna and Child.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- was too much a child of his age to realise that a renewal of all spiritual
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- no longer as before, half child-like forms. In such a group as this, you
- the Child.
- to worship the Child, he takes the figures of princes more or less of
- Annunciation) and the presentation of the Christ Child. Petrus Christus
- 42. Gerard David. Mary and Child
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- show the Adoration of the Child by the Shepherds; indeed, these two,
- Children. Artistically, too, we can recognise the difference. The Adoration
- Child, in whom the Zarathustra Soul was living, had to be taken out
- representations of the Adoration of the Child by the Shepherds.
- 22. Hugo van der Goes. Adoration of the Child.
- Child. (detail.)
- 33. Gentile da Fabriano. Adoration of the Child.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- the Madonna with the Jesus Child — in its impression on the human
- 1. Raphael. Madonna With Child.
- mother to the child. A mother with her child: Once more, the highest means
- the mother and child — apart from the world-historic happenings,
- 2. Raphael. Sistine Madonna With Child
- 3. Raphael. Sistine Madonna With Child (detail)
- with something childlike, as it is is represented by the angel figures
- so we find it here, in the full-grown Man related to the Child and the
- the Jesus Child and St. Dominic. The two figures against the tree trunk
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- the Dionysos child in his left hand.
- the famous Niobe Group, — Niobe losing all her children through the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: