Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: connect
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- connected with the early Christian conceptions.
- are connected with the Mystery of Golgotha and with its workings.
- for the other characters connected with the Mystery of Golgotha,
- and all that were connected with Him should be represented
- with all that the inner life of man can experience in connection
- connection of soul between Giotto and Francis of Assisi —
- bringing forth out of his heart his inner connection with the
- higher life — to connect it with a higher life, only now in
- the Lord, for the Dominicans were spoken of in connection with
- connection with the Universe.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- masters of the Renaissance. We ended by revealing the connecting threads
- its living connection with the spiritual life as a whole. At the same
- (and when I say ideas I include “Imaginations”) connected
- souls lived in the ideas connected with the Mystery of Golgotha, as
- for him, and yet not unconnected with the whole surrounding world of
- is connected with this great change in his feelings: Into the very line
- is connected with this very feeling.
- lectures. These inner connections could only be felt and realised in
- themselves. I mean the ideas connected with the Mystery of Golgotha
- connection between the earthly and the spiritual realms, and so forth.
- are therefore not without connection.
- inner connection in the artist's soul. If he desires to create a work
- proves how closely he connected the earthly life with the supersensible
- never completed, but there remained this, the greatest figure in connection
- idea which he carried throughout his long life, and is connected far
- X. In this connection we must realise that Pope Julius II, although
- into account the related sketches and everything connected with it,
- with absolute individuality, obeying an impulse connected only with
- evolution that this supreme attainment is connected with a succession
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- straight from the feeling of an inner connection between sign and
- connection with the heavenly). From the South, on the other hand,
- mind another thing in this connection. It is true that in the
- mutual enhancement to the world of color, we feel the connection
- and shade appear. When we study this connection between light and
- Mid-Europe is connected in its turn with what I would call the
- is deeply connected with the ancient Persian wisdom of the Magi.
- it brings the quality of magic into connection with the feelings of
- inspiration, intimately connected with the Mid-European impulse.
- a connection between Man and the naturalistic life and being of the
- soul is connected with the life and civilisation around him,
- follow up uhat brings the human nature into direct connection with
- show you something which, while not in direct connection with the
- connection I have tried to indicate, bring out in clear relief the
- Dürer when one considers him in connection with the time
- actual pictures of Faust and you would find a real connecting link.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- last week, of the connections and contrasts between the
- connected with the name of Cimabue. Here it is more the Christ
- Northerly qualities of artistic creation are connected with the
- things are not essential. The figures are undoubtedly connected,
- unconnected with very human qualities, which shall be nameless),
- — deeply and lovingly connected as she is with our Movement.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- had lost connection, as it were, with the mother-soil of spiritual life.
- names we cannot but find expressed in them something connected with the
- are always somehow connected with the sacred Legends. Rembrandt's are
- Please do not think that this is unconnected with the artist's peculiar
- a human soul of whom we may, indeed, believe that he was connected directly
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- bring forth, out of the depths of human evolution, all that is connected
- — in all that is connected with the Southern culture, which we
- whose connection as compact States was at most a very loose one. The
- of Life, in connection with the Sacrifice of the Lamb, was natural to the
- also familiar to those times. The various events connected with the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- connected with all that related to the Birth of Jesus —
- is connected with the Adoration by the Three Wise Men, we have, therefore
- to bear on all that is connected with the Wise Men from the East must
- some pictures of the Flight into Egypt. This, too, is connected with
- The Flight into Egypt appears in direct connection with the Mission of
- that the Gospel is taking into account the connection with all that was
- would indicate such inner connections as underlie the revelation to
- approaching Christ from the physical plane — all that is connected,
- You will feel the connection of it with what is given in the old Christmas
- all around the picture, representations of what was cosmically connected
- the events are shown thoroughly in connection with the Spiritual World
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- this theme: The Birth of Christ Jesus in connection with the Madonna,
- we may look for something intimate and deep; deeply connected —
- post-Atlantean epoch and all that is connected with it, finds expression
- might. There were the excesses connected with the old divisions — the
- and bad — and they, of course, were always in close connection
- path. There can, however, be no doubt that this fact is connected with
- connection of the world of color with the light and dark. Through the
- alive. We must only find the connection of what surges through these
- more closely, will find still deeper connections. Think of the four
- product. The peculiar quality of the Kantian philosophy is not unconnected
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- a connecting thread throughout the world of animals. We have often spoken
- In this connection I have
- recognised in a beautiful way the connection between Truth in knowledge
- the occult history of Greek Art. Only this much may be said, in connection
- represent the world of the Gods and all that was connected with them, in
- be said in connection with the single works that will be shown.
- still the case, but he knows how to treat the whole body in connection
- B.C. In connection with this we will also
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: