Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: effort
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- created, of course, by human imagination, in the effort to
- these pictures, you will see how his effort is in every case to
- than heretofore, the artist's effort is to portray even the
- there was an effort to make the Spirit powerfully active in all
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- called for this monument to be erected to his efforts. It was to have
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- immediate effort to take hold of the form as such, or to achieve a
- preceding efforts. Real individual expression is combined with
- great) we find a nee effort to express what I called just now the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- together in the effort which I characterised just now. The souls of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- only been evolved by gigantic efforts of the human soul. The older
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- effort is, to the best of the artist's technique and ability, with the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- In time to come this will be recognized as arising from the effort to
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: