Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: epoch
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- the outward course of history reveals in any epoch —
- this epoch, when Christianity was slowly finding its way into all
- in the flower of an artistic epoch containing all the works which
- epoch the sacred legend merely provided a foundation for the
- classical epoch. I beg you to observe this picture by Perugino,
- this epoch, attained by Michelangelo and Raphael. In all the
- shall have gained a conception, how the great epoch of the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- in former epochs — epochs when the artistic understanding was
- Speaking of former epochs,
- and especially of the epoch to which we are now referring, we may truly
- Science into former epochs. Hence the usual histories of Art contain
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- but especially in the whole forming of the hands. That epoch, more
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- for the understanding of whole epochs of History. However we may
- epoch — (albeit the Fifth epoch already shone into the
- in Mid-Europe and the North the Fifth Post-Atlantean epoch was
- Post-Atlantean epoch, including the latest flower (in the Italian
- Post-Atlantean Epochs. And the more should we realise how
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- beginning of the Fifth post-Atlantean epoch in the fullest sense of the
- word. For as you know, we describe the basic character of this epoch when
- epoch of development of the conscious Spiritual Soul that man should turn
- it is not without importance that we should turn our gaze to an epoch
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- fifth post-Atlantean epoch — that epoch which is called upon to
- post-Atlantean epochs. It is interesting to see how gradually there
- emerges — century after century during these epochs — what
- was still suited to the stage of the Fourth Post-Atlantean epoch, when
- man of the fifth Post-Atlantean epoch cannot forget himself; he demands
- the perspective of the fifth post-Atlantean epoch.
- epoch, found its essential fountain-head in these regions. These painters
- indeed, bear within him all the peculiar characteristics of this epoch.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- artist as Raphael, as the artist of an epoch that was drawing to it
- close: the Fourth Post Atlantean epoch. Such epochs, when they draw
- at the close of a great epoch, during which pupils were learning from
- post-Atlantean epoch and all that is connected with it, finds expression
- of one epoch and another, many things are perceptible in the life of
- of epochs, characteristic phenomena emerge, in the most varied spheres
- same time many things emerged out of the former epoch, reaching over
- the fourth epoch were reaching over into the Fifth. There were the excesses
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- To the same epoch belongs
- the Grecian Art the process nowhere went as far as in the later epochs.
- epochs, one after the other, in this way.
- which had to come in the 5th Post-Atlantean epoch — the element of
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: