Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: especially
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- especially in poverty, weighed down by no possessions, and,
- especially strong in that age. It is most interesting to see how
- especially to observe the unique way in which the fundamental
- working-out of human characters. Especially in his Last Supper,
- which is especially to be found in the pictures in the Campo
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- and especially of the epoch to which we are now referring, we may truly
- him which comes out especially when, instead of taking the chronological
- streams are living in him. The one, which comes out especially in his
- to expression especially in this particular relationship of Christ to
- These — especially the Madonnas — are the works of Raphael
- an exceedingly characteristic picture, which, especially when we take
- Today I wanted especially
- and Leonardo. Today especially I fancy no one will regret the time he
- that belonged to political history. Especially at the present moment,
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- history of Art. Especially in Dürer's case — to speak of
- the Rhone and Rhine. Into these regions especially, but further
- The other impulse comes from Spain, and more especially from
- which, concentrated in the South of France, grew especially in the
- remained a certain impulse of revolt which is especially to be
- especially, there is in Middle Europe the mood which afterwards
- Especially in these
- absorbed by this time from the South. You will see this especially
- but especially in the whole forming of the hands. That epoch, more
- relation to the inner life. I mention this especially because it is
- Cranach this impulse is especially active.
- especially adraire in this picture the bringing out of the force of
- especially great in his treatment of the motif of Death:
- one, especially in the unique posture.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- especially into the more subconscious, feeling elements of the
- Christianity into the soul found expression especially in the
- especially the tragic elements of Christianity, to human heart and
- This was, indeed, the case, especially at the time with which we
- Here especially you
- artist. The age was especially great in the creation of tomb
- highly individual figures were created was also especially great in
- On this day especially we will deepen the thoughts and feelings of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- significance, especially so for the close of the 19th century. People
- especially in the domain of sculpture — which we showed last time.
- delicate, intimate quality of the creations especially of his middle
- Such a picture shows us especially how this artist is rooted in the
- but as these were especially high lords and masters, Rembrandt must
- of Rembrandt's art, especially in how these characteristic figures around
- it is especially fascinating to dwell upon what is really characteristic
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- imposed upon them from the South — from France and especially from
- which, as above described, permeate especially this Dutch and Flemish Art,
- especially notice this art — to place the human being fittingly
- reveals the characteristics of the period especially in his
- especially, from the point of view of landscape-painting. Such landscape
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- relate especially to the birth of Christ Jesus, the Adoration by the
- pictures relating more especially to the Birth of Christ. Then we shall
- you see how Naturalism progresses. This is especially interesting when
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- Even the sketches which we have shown today reveal this most especially.
- intensive study of the significance of Death. It comes before us especially
- In Holbein's Dance of Death the object was especially to show how Death
- and especially in the greatest, in Dürer, — at the end of
- This applies especially to the districts to which I have just referred.
- was taught as a tradition even among lesser men. Tradition was especially
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- B.C. Observe how the limbs, especially, are
- especially to the Homer which will now follow: —
- about this Laocoon group, especially in relation to Lessing's explanations.
- created — especially in his early period — remembered Donatello
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: