Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: essence
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- have the essence of Botticelli. Then (if I may so express it),
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- forth the unique creations of his genius out of the very essence of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- near their end — or when their inner essence reaches beyond the
- the inner virtues of the world of color, out of the inner essence of the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- or fundamental forms, in which is expressed the spiritual Law and Essence
- of ancient Greece. But in their real essence they can only be described
- recognise the essence of the art of ancient Greece. Winckelmann, Lessing
- words the essence of Greek Art — tried to find their way back, to
- re-discover it. And we may truly say: Greek Art in its essence, once it
- by Winckelmann, entered so deeply into the essence of Greek Art, they
- his David, has seized the very essence of dramatic movement; he has
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: