Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: example
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- for example, at the magnificent building here. Observe how the
- the individual increases. The sacred legends, for example, are no
- thing that you could see most strongly, for example, in that
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- of a different source of knowledge. The sculptor, for example, knew
- were concentrated, for example, in Vittoria Colonna, hoping to permeate
- These are examples of his
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- example — all such experiences of the soul are expressed
- process of evolution? We have the following feeling, for example
- interwoven, for example, in the works proceeding from the Gothic.
- will now give some examples of the School of Cologne. The Cologne
- examples of the work of another Master — one who received
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- example, — how infinitely deeper is the mysterious ebb and
- This example shows
- their churches. We will give two examples from the Frauenkirche in
- examples of the sculptor — Veit Stoss — early 16th
- a portrait painter of no mean order. Here you have an example.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- Now for an example of a
- of a horse by Rubens, for example. Then you would see the whole difference
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- of drawing and painting, we find that the laws of Space, for example, have
- We see a King, for example,
- forth as described when dealing with Rembrandt, for example. Something
- underlies the Greek pictures, for example, — does not possess what
- Biblical story, for example, when reproduced in Art by men of earlier
- the story which this picture tells — with a picture, for example,
- in the several branches of human life. Here are some examples.
- We now give two examples
- traditions. In the former artist you will not easily find, for example,
- Mainz. We shall, if possible, in the near future, show some examples
- them — Italian influences, for example. Thus he strangely unites
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- And now, as an example
- The next two are examples
- “Disputa,” for example. You may take any one of those that
- Further examples of Dürer's portraiture: —
- characteristic examples of Dürer's drawings — etchings and
- cycle on the Dance of Death, three examples of which we shall now show.
- seen how the German Art came to expression in these great examples —
- We will now show some examples from the above-mentioned districts. We
- have seen today and in the preceding and contemporary sculpture (examples
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- recumbent figure is a beautiful example of the figures that are found
- examples of the famous Parthenon. You may read the interesting story of
- And now two more examples
- examples of Verrocchio — teacher of Leonardo and Perugino — in
- in relation to this figure, for example, how quickly they progressed
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: