Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: large
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- a large scale and must be understood as such. The figures they
- dimensions — large surfaces covered with the most eloquent
- imagination. On this, the greatness of Raphael very largely
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- has to a large extent been lost.
- is true, yet cultivating largesse and freedom — died in 1492;
- say: Leonardo lives in the midst of a large and universal understanding.
- from the present picture at Milan, which is so largely ruined. You are,
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- 41a. Dürer. Cross. Large Passion Woodcut.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- several figures are already made larger or smaller in proportion, taking
- into account that that which appears larger is to the front, while all
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- over largely from the East. In a most natural way the typical representations
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- the pictures would largely be eliminated were it not for the strong
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- also largely among the forces of hindrance in modern civilisation. I can
- they were largely destroyed by the Venetians, and only the relics were
- know ... were to a large extent a dark and troubled age for our evolution.
- material. To a large extent their works were done in this material.
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: