Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: pass
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- We now pass on to
- individual and human life on Earth. Sympathy, compassion, a life
- passed over into that in which we live today, which takes its
- conception. Now it has passed over to the renewed conception of
- about through Christianity passed more and more into the
- 68. Perugino: Crucifixion: (Sta. Maria dei Passi.
- force, passing through man by varied ways and channels, seeking
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- have come to pass if Savonarola or Luther had occupied the Papal See.
- think of all that Raphael had painted. All that has passed before you
- three great characters who have passed before our souls today. Think
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- human passions, the content of a temptation. Side by side with the
- We will now pass on
- pass on to Lucas Cranach, who, though with far less ability, brings
- rising ever higher, — those who have passed through the Gate of
- 41a. Dürer. Cross. Large Passion Woodcut.
- 41b. Dürer. Cross. Small Passion Woodcut.
- Compare it with the passage from ‘Faust’ to which I just now
- the way; he marches over them, passes them by unfalteringly. The
- We now pass on to
- very good copy in Dresden, so good that for a long time it passed
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- to the striving to realise the Story of the Passion — with all
- Passion, and notably in the head of Christ Himself as conceived by
- of the Passion had found its way into their lives by that time.
- We now pass to some
- We now pass on to the
- came to the 14th century. We now pass on into the 15th. Here, then,
- historic moment Civilisation passed from the development of the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- our souls. All people of that time passed by unheeding — passed
- Let us pass in review before
- if you let pass before your mind's eye the whole succession of these
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- the same great trend of evolution, as we pass from the artistic representations
- of the theme are gradually passing into Naturalism.
- We pass again to the more
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- And now we will let pass
- in its present meaning, to the works we shall now let pass before our
- of pictures from the series of etchings of the Passion — known
- as the “Kupferstich-Passion.”
- of pictures from the Holzschnitt-Passion — of thirty-six small
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- passing into death. It is the quick withdrawal of the etheric body through
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: