Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: piece
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- 5. Giotto: Madonna enthroned. (Alter-piece, Santa Croce,
- the artist tries to piece together the single features into a
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- the Last Judgment — the altar-piece for the Sistine Chapel. The
- greatness of this piece lies in the characterisation, the universal
- vying with one another, painting battle-pieces, glorifying the deeds
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- same Altar-piece.
- 36. Lucas Cranach. The Crucifixion. (Altar-piece
- This is the center-piece of the ‘Paumgartner altar.’
- there lived, artistically speaking, a goodly piece of Faust.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- his greatest masterpieces. See the wonderful simplicity with which they
- of them holds in his hand a piece of paper on which their names are
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- Altar-piece of Ghent, by the Brothers Van Eyck.
- 1. The Brothers Van Eyck. Altar-piece. (St. Bavo. Ghent.)
- This Altar-piece consists
- the Altar-piece was finished by his brother Jan. It is the first third
- From the same Altar-piece
- now show the angel-picture from the other side of the altar-piece.
- This whole Altar-piece
- the Altar-piece at Ghent. Berlin Museum.)
- the same great Altar-piece. The next is a very tender picture:
- the Altar-piece at Ghent.)
- 1426, when the Altar-piece was not nearly finished. His brother Jan
- 23. Petrus Christus. The Annunciation (wings of an Altar-piece) (Berlin.)
- 27. Hugo van der Goes. Portinari Altarpiece, c. 1475.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- 8. della Robbia. The Nativity. (Hamburg. Altarpiece.)
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- (Altar-piece at Tiefenbronn.)
- This alter-piece was done in the first half of the 15th century. How
- altar-piece. His fine feeling for light enables him to bring out the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- greatest masterpieces, which were transcendent and sublime. We must
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: