Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: quality
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- philosophy of Aristotle, but a theological, Aristotelian quality.
- Christ in such a way that an individual human quality comes to
- concentrated on a single feeling, and yet this single quality of
- See what a quality
- — a deep religious quality which tries to find expression
- the thing has gone so far that the allegorical quality is
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- artistic quality of their creation, in form and colouring, there flowed
- the specific quality of the world-conception of that time. In our time,
- quality of their work, into their whole manner of presentation; nor
- of Florence. We can even recognise how the plastic quality of his work
- man and Nature. In Raphael it is a native quality, and he continues
- of the ages a well-nigh inexpressible quality of Christian Art. This,
- I said, are not in historic order, represent Leonardo in the quality
- Last Supper, aims at a peculiar quality of composition combined with
- more than the artistic quality as such have often said that the Madonna,
- quality, not in the external sense, but a quality mysteriously hidden
- the prophetic quality. We shall see the latter presently in the series
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- mysterious quality of striving upward from below, while united with
- it brings the quality of magic into connection with the feelings of
- with the artistic treatment — the plastic quality, the forming of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- how the specifically artistic quality is always influenced by the
- Renaissance) has essentially the quality of looking upward to the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- delicate, intimate quality of the creations especially of his middle
- Rembrandt quality once more. Infinite mysteries speak to us out of this
- these pictures a greater clarity, a more sublime quality than in the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- and their successors, derive their essential inner quality from this
- his conception of the Last Judgment. There is a certain angular quality
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- case the naturalistic quality is fitting. All that goes out to meet the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- to feel the quality of space by catching the light, using the spatial
- quality of soul of every single person. And yet the artist's relation to
- and quality which the light itself begets.
- quality which afterwards came out through greater skill and variety
- will perceive a similar quality in the Philosophy of Hegel — likewise
- product. The peculiar quality of the Kantian philosophy is not unconnected
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- for a more dramatic quality, holding fast the moment of time in the
- strive away from the ideal type, towards the quality of portraiture.
- Laocoon were already falling asunder. That is the marvellous quality
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: