Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: receive
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- receive his spirit. It was only out of the immediate, realistic
- receives his vision.
- Raphael receive' such powerful influences, we see the entry of an
- of what is living on the Earth are received into the midst of
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- to portray what man receives through his intelligence when he directs
- receive. Still less could Leonardo do so, for Leonardo bore within his
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- physiology, and so receive into his faculty of outward vision uhat
- together in Mid-Europe with the power of form which they received
- which, as I said, they had received from the South.
- examples of the work of another Master — one who received
- received from the South. On the contrary, the Southern painters can
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- here, receives the Blood of the Redeemer dropping downward from the
- of Grace which he can now receive inasmuch as he may catch the
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- up in the more Latin spirit — who has received the inner impulse
- Weyden, who — like the former artist, received certain influences
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- more in the fact that Hegel's philosophy received its quickening from
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- inwardly. It is very interesting to receive the impression of the two
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: