Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: rule
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- things. Hence, as a rule, we do not realise how immense a change
- 18. Giotto: St. Francis submits the Rules of his Order to the
- grand idea: The rule of the Church raying out over the Earth. You
- A little while ago we say the Rule of the Church Militant pouring
- of this world; yet it shall rule this world,’ — and,
- what is more, rule it through human beings, not through an
- composition representing the spiritual rule of the Church pouring
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- the sources, as a rule, relate only the current legends —
- were called upon to play their part in human evolution as rulers in
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- these things presuppose, as a rule, the naivete of the common
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- influence and Southern rulership, there arose the strong impulse to
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- absorbed these rules of Art only with great reluctance. There can be
- to follow the rules which were considered the highest requirements of
- he is impressed with certain rules. For instance: That there should
- to contrast with it. He has been taught certain rules in arrangements
- learned certain rules about the distribution of figures in space. Yet
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- of this work of Goethe's. But, as a rule, we have not a ufficiently
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: