Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: scene
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- side by side on the scene of history? It was entering into what I
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- represented something. Namely, he who imagined the scene to himself
- scenes from the Old Testament.
- sought to harmonise this cosmic scene. Majestically as it was conceived,
- which has somehow been lost, in which he treated this scene at a very
- the Mother, in this scene of the entombment. Again and again the idea
- representing this idea, this scene, or, rather, the motif of it.
- it possible for the scene to become visible to the others. Through what
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- the history of Art, comes upon the scene. Born in 1471, he died in
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- the inspiration of the scenes which Rembrandt treats so wonderfully
- the self-portraits we have shown you as a final scene, another etching:
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- is conceived as the observer of the scene. But to this end the man who
- conceived as the observer of the scene.
- line.” The scene we see seems to converge, not in a vanishing
- On the very soil where we ourselves are standing, the Biblical scenes
- Bold. If only by this external feature, the whole scene is very much
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- down on the whole scene. And yet if you look at the trees you will see,
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- of Salamis. They chiefly represent battle-scenes. Dominating the whole
- Eastern door was also given to him to do. It represents scenes from the
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: