Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: three
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- the three tiers, rising systematically into higher worlds from
- Title: History of Art: Lecture II: Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael
- same time, in these three masters we must also see the starting point
- post-Atlantean age, which is heralded in the realm of Art. All three
- we find the three great masters of the Renaissance were striving forth
- then, distinguishes and at once unites the three great masters of the
- Renaissance; they represent three elements of the Renaissance feeling,
- 86. The Three Virtues. (Vatican. Rome.)
- And now consider these three
- three great characters who have passed before our souls today. Think
- to bring before our souls these three masters of the Renaissance. I
- Title: History of Art: Lecture III: Dürer and Holbein
- 9. Christ and the Three Wise Virgins.
- 10. The Tempter and the Three Foolish
- by the Three Wise Men. (Cathedral at Cologne.)
- Spirit. !le see three stages, as it were: the Spiritual Beings
- composition with the other. Once more you have three stages, but
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IV: Mid-European and Southern Art
- again — the Christmas and Easter Plays, and Plays of the Three
- three paintings by Hans Baldung, also known as Hans Grun,
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- came to Weimar, and it went on for two or three years longer. Everyone
- 515. Abraham and Three Angels. (Eremitage.
- 566. The Three Crosses
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- portion of the picture, beneath the other three. The “Adoration
- 21. Rogier van der Weyden. Adoration by the Three Wise
- 25. Dieric Bouts. Adoration by the Three Wise Men. (Alte
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VII: Representations of the Nativity
- Shepherds and by the Three Wise Men, and finally the Flight into Egypt.
- mainly with the story of the Three Wise Men of the East — the
- Magi, on the other hand — the mission of the Three Wise Men from the
- is connected with the Adoration by the Three Wise Men, we have, therefore
- enough to put up here a drawing of the Three Wise Men. The picture is
- 1. Three Wise Men.
- of the Three Wise Men of the East cannot really be understood with the
- the Three Wise Men. It happens, as it were, on the basis of what was
- first undertaken by the Three Wise Men. This bears witness to the fact
- of the Egyptians. Now we are told in the Gospel that the Three Wise Men
- the Three Wise Men. Whatever goes by the name of Astrology today has
- that underlie the appearance of the Three Wise Men. In the 18th century,
- “Stars” appeared to the Three Wise Men. Such is the indication:
- Shepherds, and then of the Three Wise Men or Kings.
- representing the Adoration by the Three Wise Men. To begin with, an
- Three Wise Men.
- 30. Adoration by the Three Wise Men. (Cathedral
- 32. Stephen Lochner. Adoration by the Three Wise
- 46. Leonardo da Vinci. Adoration by the Three Wise
- 50. Rembrandt. Adoration by the Three Wise Men.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- the Threefold being of Man. This threefold nature of man emerges
- emancipated from the Physical. We find this threefoldness in manifold
- 47. Hans Baldung. The Three Fates.
- cycle on the Dance of Death, three examples of which we shall now show.
- felt the three figures of the apostles, left behind. Yet how little he
- Title: History of Art: Lecture IX:
- century. It is the work of three sculptors of the School of Rhodes.
- 44. Niccola Pisano. Adoration by the Three Wise
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: