Searching The History of Art
You may select a new search term and repeat your search.
Searches are not case sensitive, and you can use
in your queries.
Query was: tries
Here are the matching lines in their respective documents.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below
to jump to that point in the document.
- Title: History of Art: Lecture I: Cimabue, Giotto, and Other Italian Masters
- sacred legend, and so he tries to reproduce in the outward
- the full expressiveness of man; he tries to seize the human being
- — a deep religious quality which tries to find expression
- the artist tries to piece together the single features into a
- Title: History of Art: Lecture V: Rembrandt
- seen, he who merely tries to reproduce the “reality,” will,
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VI: Dutch and Flemish Painting
- through the adjoining southern countries — their artistic creation
- Title: History of Art: Lecture VIII: Raphael and the Northern Artists
- years later, once again, the Cartoons for the tapestries in the
- of his tapestries in the Vatican.
- stream of evolution which tries to take shape out of the elemental forces
- his works. At the same time he tries to contribute something of what
- of Art, and tries to be realistic at the same time, and the two things
- of composition. All this he tries his best to observe. But he can only
- There is a decided beginning of Naturalism. He tries to be naturalistic
- The artist tries to find
- He seems almost unable to follow any of the laws of space. But he tries
Rudolf Steiner Archive is maintained by: